Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year All, I Just want to update you with my delivery. Dec 1st and now Dec 31st delivery dates did not materialize...the account is now reset without delivery date, Tesla agent D.F. responsible for neighbor islands does not pick his phone or respond to VM/email. In Honolulu everybody said we will call you back today or tomorrow, same story since the last 3 weeks that my car is in Honolulu.
No sure what to think of the situation and nobody in Tesla can update me...I am so disappointed by the "No communication"..
Very sadly at this point i am thinking seriously about cancelling it.

I was very upset with Tesla after they kept canceling my delivery, but since I got the car I can't think of anything bad to say. The model 3 is my favorite car/gadget

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
Looks Merely Wonderful.

As for the big know in your Mobiel Connector. I recommend something like this to lift it and relieve the stress caused by it hanging down from the outlet. I use it. Mount it on the wall after you match where you would want it.
Bicycle Water Bottle Cage

With this installed, do you unplug the mobile connector when not in use or do you still leave it plugged into the outlet.

No. Unless you need to take your MC with you (and we almost never do here), always leave it plugged in.
With repeated unplugging and plugging back in, you will wear the contacts in the outlet. And once they begin to be loose(r)
it will cause the adapter to heat up. This can lead to burning up your adapter. Leave it plugged in.

• Informative
Reactions: odub
Got the car Wednesday at the King Kamehameha golf club, 9 other cars were delivered same day mostly model 3. Some quality control issues (trunk misaligned, some cosmetic issues inside and in&out steering column not working even after soft reset). These will be fixed.

Run 250 miles and overall very happy with the car comfort, handling and performance, I was not expecting getting back a very civilized and sport car in the same time, the only thing I am missing, compared to the 911 sold 3 years ago is the sport exhaust button :).

Regarding the 1/2 Federal tax credit missed because of TESLA was not able to deliver the car here on-time, the original Dec MVPA was adjusted $2000 less (as the price went down early January) and Tesla promised to reimburse the $1750 difference ($7500/2 - $2000) but no exact timing on that. Will see...

Got the car Wednesday at the King Kamehameha golf club, 9 other cars were delivered same day mostly model 3. Some quality control issues (trunk misaligned, some cosmetic issues inside and in&out steering column not working even after soft reset). These will be fixed.

Run 250 miles and overall very happy with the car comfort, handling and performance, I was not expecting getting back a very civilized and sport car in the same time, the only thing I am missing, compared to the 911 sold 3 years ago is the sport exhaust button :).

Regarding the 1/2 Federal tax credit missed because of TESLA was not able to deliver the car here on-time, the original Dec MVPA was adjusted $2000 less (as the price went down early January) and Tesla promised to reimburse the $1750 difference ($7500/2 - $2000) but no exact timing on that. Will see...

I'm glad that you finally took delivery of your car with whatever flaws it was delivered with.

When we took delivery of our P3D+, to me the process was rushed!!! It was, sign here, here's your car, here's how to make it go, then bye, knowing that they were trying their best to deliver car to make the December 31 deadline!

Oh...and I mention the last thing that was said was "read the manual"!

Geeze...thanks!!!

I did take a SLOW walk around the car, but it was not enough time to throughly inspect the car! We went to Ala Moana park in awe! After we got home, I did find a few paint blemishes!

Although I read about paint issues from the production of M3s from various forums, our P3D+ was one of those casualties and has been in the shop for the past week for paint correction!

Although we're in a P90D as a loaner, I really miss my P3D+!!!

Good luck to you! And enjoy your car!

Hawnboy I hope you get your car back soon, my car is white/white AWD and the paint is very good.
I struggle today with Tesla Keyfob, I received it with 2 batteries (very nice) but I was not able to make it work as intended, only as a keycard. I finally checked the battery installed and the spare one both were below 0.1V...I replaced with a new one I had for other remotes and it works just fine, again something wrong TESLA quality control. My iPhoneX works perfect and I think I bought this remote for nothing...

Last edited:
I can't imagine a worker on some assembly line checking the voltage of new batteries as before they go in a box. And I doubt that Tesla made those batteries for the fob. Come on folks, can't we be a bit more understanding that things simply happen that always go the way that we wish they would, but not necessary to blame someone. Maybe I have just been unlucky, but I've bought a pack of eight new small batteries and the package looked fresh just to find every one was dead.

I can't imagine a worker on some assembly line checking the voltage of new batteries as before they go in a box. And I doubt that Tesla made those batteries for the fob. Come on folks, can't we be a bit more understanding that things simply happen that always go the way that we wish they would, but not necessary to blame someone. Maybe I have just been unlucky, but I've bought a pack of eight new small batteries and the package looked fresh just to find every one was dead.
me to, I bought a "blister pack card" with 4 batteries on it. all bad. of course they were an off brand. next time I will get name brand batteries for my fob spare batteries.

Not surprising that Tesla has been gaining market share here. According to article, Tesla sold 119 vehicles in 2015, increasing to 803 in 2018.

https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific...vECoHFlPJ0bWOFcHw6YrV&t=1549393451&j=86480071

Land Rover sold 181 vehicles here in 2015, 215 in 2018. Subaru climbed from 1,696 to 1,982 over the same period. Tesla sold 119 vehicles in 2015, increasing to 803 in 2018.

Brands with four straight years of uninterrupted declines were Dodge, Ford, Kia, Lexus, Mini and Smartcar.

Dodge sales have fallen from 2015's high of 1,152 vehicles sold to just 669 last year. Ford sold 4,505 vehicles in 2015, dropping to 3,498 last year. Kia fell from 2314 to 1897. Lexus dipped from 1,761 to 1,394. Mini sold 499 in 2015, down to 354 last year. Smartcar went from 74 to 38.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akikiki
ELON KEEPS HIS PROMISE!

Got confirmation from the Delivery Manager today that a check of $1750 will be mailed to compensate for the full federal credit missed due to TESLA not able to deliver by Dec 31st 2018. Ordered in late Oct, promised delivery by Dec 31st. Actual delivery was mid January.
$2000 were removed from the invoice when the price drop. $7500/2= $3750 - $2000= $1750

Love my model 3 AWD white/white

"Hello Christian,

So glad that you are enjoying your Tesla!

You will receive your $1750 reimbursement check in 4-6 weeks in the mail. The request has already been submitted by xxxx for that check to be issued.

Sincerely,

xxxx | Delivery Manager, Hawaii"

This time, I added 17 more to the Maui count! We are now close to crossing the 200 Teslas counted for Maui, and I believe we now have well over 400 on-island. Somebody other than me recently added one for Maui, which is nice to see! :) Also, I added a few S and X, so they aren't all 3's.
Aloha, I will be taking possession of a Re Model 3 Mid-Range tomorrow afternoon

Reactions: Polly Wog