Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a X in Nov. should be arriving soon. What license number plate is the current electricity car plate number?

Alo' HA! Welcome to the family and the Hawaii part of the TMC Forum. Glad to have you talking to us. An X !! Tell us more about what you ordered, please. We all want to hear. A car carrier was of new Teslas was delivered to the Service Center yesterday. Could one be yours?

The high today is 7679. That's the highest EV plate number that's been most recently added. The contract that handles the registration paperwork for Tesla goes to more than one Honolulu DMV. DMV's are allotted batches of EV tags until they run out then are allotted another batch. So EV tag assignments could be issued the same day and be 50-100 numbers apart depending on how many the contractor has to get in a day. But for right now, our three highest is tag numbers are 7655, 7676 7679 and our lowest we count is 1, 5 and 143.

Under Groups here, there's also a Hawaii Owners section. And we have a Contacts and Info thread where you can tell us a little about yourself and how to contact you. Please look for it.

Again, welcome and congratulations.

Mahalo for the warm welcome! I am excited to receive my car. Daniel told me my car should be on the boat that arrived yesterday. How long does the pre-inspection take? I was hoping the plate would already reach the 8000 numbers. Here is my spec sheet.
IMG_9472.png
Alo' HA! Welcome to the family and the Hawaii part of the TMC Forum. Glad to have you talking to us. An X !! Tell us more about what you ordered, please. We all want to hear. A car carrier was of new Teslas was delivered to the Service Center yesterday. Could one be yours?

The high today is 7679. That's the highest EV plate number that's been most recently added. The contract that handles the registration paperwork for Tesla goes to more than one Honolulu DMV. DMV's are allotted batches of EV tags until they run out then are allotted another batch. So EV tag assignments could be issued the same day and be 50-100 numbers apart depending on how many the contractor has to get in a day. But for right now, our three highest is tag numbers are 7655, 7676 7679 and our lowest we count is 1, 5 and 143.

Under Groups here, there's also a Hawaii Owners section. And we have a Contacts and Info thread where you can tell us a little about yourself and how to contact you. Please look for it.

Again, welcome and congratulations.

Mahalo for the warm welcome! I am excited to receive my car. Daniel told me my car should be on the boat that arrived yesterday. How long does the pre-inspection take? I was hoping the plate would already reach the 8000 numbers. Here is my spec sheet.
IMG_9472.png

@pw1388, I think with the amount of time it normally takes to register a Tesla in the state of Hawaii, there is a fairly good chance you will wind up with a plate with a number greater than 8,000. Regardless, enjoy!

@pw1388 When was your production completed? Trying to figure out if my husband's car would've been on the same boat. Takes a few days for them to check and prep the car. Am sure there will be ALOT of deliveries next week. Last quarter they had 20+ deliveries in the last week. So you'll likely get yours later this week or next week at the latest! CONGRATS and welcome to the Tesla Hawaii family! Looking forward to meeting you someday in person!

Last edited:
@pw1388 When was your production completed? Trying to figure out if my husband's car would've been on the same boat. Takes a few days for them to check and prep the car. Am sure there will be ALOT of deliveries next week. Last quarter they had 20+ deliveries in the last week. So you'll likely get yours later this week or next week at the latest! CONGRATS and welcome to the Tesla Hawaii family! Looking forward to meeting you someday in person!

Vin: 30XXX
Ordered: 11/15
Confirmed: 11/15
12/3: In production
12/4: Finish production

Reactions: nanimac
Keep in mind that Tesla will Fedex you your plates to your registered vehicle address from headquarters in CA. I wasn't expecting that when I got my X a couple of months ago - I thought the SC would call me to come pick up the plates later on (I didn't ask them though - just assumed).

I didn't even know the package was on it's way (no communication from Tesla that it was sent) and I only happened to find where the Fedex driver left it by chance. It arrived about 35 days after I took delivery.