Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sneurruc - Noel here. I lead the Big Island EV Association. I have a 2014 Model S and have an X on order. There are several Tesla owners on the island (over 22 as of last Sept). My neighbor has a 2015 Model S. Our service experience with Tesla has been excellent. They've come for the annual service and a back in '14 diagnosed a motor problem that necessitated service in Honolulu. They assisted with shipping and provided us with a rental car. The cost to ship the car, replace the motor, and the rental were covered by the warranty service.

We have other active members who can also share their feedback. Thanks for your comments on FaceBook. We leverage it to get our messages out quickly (it's easy to use). We're also investing time on the website and will provide more How To and member experiences with things like service.

Let me know if you'd like to join the association. There is no cost and I can include you in periodic newsletters. Message me if you have specific questions or would like to chat over a call.

Reactions: StephenM
Aloha. New to the forums, so apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else. Does anyone know how region is assigned to an order? In other words, is it based on the address we gave when we made our deposit, the delivery address we give when we finalize our order, or the physical location where we made our initial pre-order?

I was in California on the 31st, and was somewhere around the 40th person in line at the showroom, but I don't know if this even matters, since I gave them my Hawaii address. I wonder if it would make a difference to change the address on one of my orders to a family member's, who lives 15 minutes from the Fremont factory? Or will requesting factory delivery be an option? I plan to heavily option one of the cars, and I don't mind shipping it myself, if it means getting it a little earlier.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reactions: Akikiki
Aloha, welcome. I don't think anyone here can clearly answer your question. It may be too early for Tesla too. But my best guess is that for you its the same. A few of us have talked about what region Hawaii is in prior to the 31st. We believe that Hawaii is in the same region as CA, AZ, OR, and WA. So, you fell into the same region. But as for which address? My guess is it would be the address where you registered your TM login account.

Hope to see and meet you today at the Tesla Social event (10 am to 12 pm) at the Service Center in Waipahu.

Thanks for the reply, Akikiki!

Yes, I'm hoping they consider HI west coast, rather than Asia Pacific, but even in the west coast region, it sounds like they will be prioritizing California. That could make a significant difference, since there are undoubtedly a HUGE number of pre-orders in California. It's unreal how many model X's I saw on the road in the bay area last week, whereas I've only seen one on Oahu so far.

Unfortunately, just discovered this forum today, so already have plans this morning, but I'll have to try to catch one of your future events. Have fun!

Reactions: Akikiki
Some blogs online seem to indicate that there may be two gifts coming - one for preorder customers and a separate gift for those who stood in the extraordinarily long lines. I'm not sure if our SC line counts as extraordinary (compared to the 800+ that stood in line at the Santana Row store), but there might be more coming....