Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next question....there's a good chance that the tax credit will run out for Tesla sales before the 3 comes out. For those of you considering buying a 3, will that impact your decision?

It will influence me. There should be some owners who get the full $7,500 fed credit, and others who get $3750 during the phase-out period. Owners stand a decent chance of getting all or part of the credit if they order a heavily-optioned version of the vehicle and sign up early on March 31. Thus, I'm biased to add more options than I probably would otherwise do.

It will influence me. There should be some owners who get the full $7,500 fed credit, and others who get $3750 during the phase-out period. Owners stand a decent chance of getting all or part of the credit if they order a heavily-optioned version of the vehicle and sign up early on March 31. Thus, I'm biased to add more options than I probably would otherwise do.

There's been talk of the Hawaii EV tax credit coming back...probably not at the $4500 it was before...but timing for a new credit could be just right with the 3 deliveries. Could help offset the lack of/reduced federal tax credit.

Talked to Doug today at Ala Moana...confirmed the following:

- Reservations will be taken at Waipahu ONLY starting at 9am when the "store" opens.
- Current owners can CALL the Waipahu store starting at 9am to place their deposits/reservations
- On-line reservations been once unveiling event starts at around 5:30pm.

They've been getting a lot of inquiries but aren't sure how busy they will be.

Last edited:
Talked to Doug today at Ala Moana...confirmed the following:

- Reservations will be taken at Waipahu ONLY starting at 9am when the "store" opens.
- Current owners can CALL the Waipahu store starting at 9am to place their deposits/reservations
- On-line reservations been once unveiling event starts at around 5:30pm.

They've been getting a lot of inquiries but aren't sure how busy they will be.

Okay, we're getting closer to nailing down the process. One inconsistency is that I was told a 7am start time for Waipahu a couple days ago and Nanimac was told a 9am start time for Waipahu from someone at Ala Moana. I think on Tuesday someone ought to confirm Waipahu start time.

Ok, I'll play - I'm guessing the 3 will have most of the "standard" Tesla option packages available, but I don't think there will be a pano roof (too costly to manufacture) and no recessed/self-presenting door handles. I also think there will be at least two battery sizes (70 and 100?), a "P" upgrade, and 17/19" wheel choices. My guess for a fully loaded 3 will be in the $55-60k realm.

Okay, we're getting closer to nailing down the process. One inconsistency is that I was told a 7am start time for Waipahu a couple days ago and Nanimac was told a 9am start time for Waipahu from someone at Ala Moana. I think on Tuesday someone ought to confirm Waipahu start time.

Doug is the sales manager so am confident in what he said. But who knows..it could change on Wednesday o_O

Doug is the sales manager so am confident in what he said. But who knows..it could change on Wednesday o_O

Aloha Everybody,

I'm new to the this forum and this is my first post. I was on the phone with a Wes Wada from Tesla for some other issues and I happen to ask about the Model 3 reservation procedure on Thursday. He confirmed 0900 AM start but said the no phone reservations will be accepted until the in-person reservation is closed. When i said that I just read in this forum that call-ins can be made at 0900 per their own staff, he said that forums are "always wrong". I didn't argue anymore because I was already pissed at what they called me about.

I guess I'll just go before 0900. Hope to see some of you there.

Ron

Sometimes the forums have more info than the employees ;) Call-ins are supposed to be for current owners only...unless that offer was just for me (I feel so special) but doubt it...lol...they'll probably be busy so who knows if/when they'll answer the phone lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akikiki
Aloha nanimac! I know this is not the right thread, but any chance you know who's in charge of the Hawaii Tesla Group? I'm from Hawaii, but live in Colorado because of the military. I was hoping to join the group and stay in touch with islands.

Besides the TMC Hawaii forum, you can go to www.teslahawaiiclub.com for more info. There's a contact form you can fill out too.

Reactions: StephenM and Chaz
Sometimes the forums have more info than the employees ;) Call-ins are supposed to be for current owners only...unless that offer was just for me (I feel so special) but doubt it...lol...they'll probably be busy so who knows if/when they'll answer the phone lines.

I have received a few misinformation from them. The latest was when they told me I can order a merchandise online and return it to the store if I didn't like it. I ordered 2 jackets and 1 was too small. Later found out store will not accept returns from online orders. I had to pay $ 30 return shipping on a $ 100 item.

• Informative
Reactions: StephenM
Hmm, I wonder if it will matter? It won't make any difference about a U.S. tax credit of $7,500. And TM says when delivers do start they will begin first with U.S. west coast, then across the U.S., on to Europe, and continuing east towards Japan, China, and Australia. I hope for him he's the first to take delivery in Australia, but a higher on the list than after all those people around the world ahead of him.

image.png
Hi All, this is the place, right? Got this off Tesla's own "Find Us" page but, want to make sure... Thanks!