Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I spoke with sales last week they had not finalized their plans for Model III reservations.

I might be visiting the SC sometime before 3/31 to get new front tires. If I find out what the plans are for 3/31, I'll update this thread.

I'm debating if I should put down one or two reservations for the 3. It depends on if the reservation is transferable (were the MS/MX reservations?) and to what extent a fully-loaded 3 will have/cost.

I am going to put the deposit! I love my model S P85D and it's a blast to drive but I racked up 10K KM in 2 months... I bought this car to drive it though my average fuel cost was $1000 a month. My model S cost me less than my old car and gas combined (KICK IN MY ASS AS I GOT THE MODEL S GAS PRICES DROPPED!!! LOL). But this is still totally worth it for me! I would buy model 3 and drive the hell out of it! Spare the P85D a little..... lol. if 35k USD, maybe 50k in Canada... I am really glad Tesla has been progressing so well. Very in tuned to what they are trying to do... I'm in!

I am going to put the deposit! I love my model S P85D and it's a blast to drive but I racked up 10K KM in 2 months... I bought this car to drive it though my average fuel cost was $1000 a month. My model S cost me less than my old car and gas combined (KICK IN MY ASS AS I GOT THE MODEL S GAS PRICES DROPPED!!! LOL). But this is still totally worth it for me! I would buy model 3 and drive the hell out of it! Spare the P85D a little..... lol. if 35k USD, maybe 50k in Canada... I am really glad Tesla has been progressing so well. Very in tuned to what they are trying to do... I'm in!

Are you coming to Hawaii to put your deposit down? :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Should we pitch a tent and start camping out a few days in advance like black Fridays....

ha! I'll bring One meal to whoever does that :smile:

I'm thinking of putting down a deposit for Model 3 on March 31. Should I sell my 40, I would bring the 70D to Hawaii for a couple years until the Model 3 arrived. Then I could use the Model 3 as a Hawaii car and take the 70D back to the mainland for adventures. In coming years, my employment situation will allow prolonged stays on the mainland while I work on the road. All I need is a phone and an internet connection. I even considered going without a Tesla in Hawaii until the Model 3 arrived, but really that is an unworkable situation. Iceman is my shadow who goes most everywhere I go, and I cannot reasonably air-condition him in any other type of vehicle while I am off doing something else. Once you go Tesla, there's no going back.

I'm thinking of putting down a deposit for Model 3 on March 31. Should I sell my 40, I would bring the 70D to Hawaii for a couple years until the Model 3 arrived. Then I could use the Model 3 as a Hawaii car and take the 70D back to the mainland for adventures. In coming years, my employment situation will allow prolonged stays on the mainland while I work on the road. All I need is a phone and an internet connection. I even considered going without a Tesla in Hawaii until the Model 3 arrived, but really that is an unworkable situation. Iceman is my shadow who goes most everywhere I go, and I cannot reasonably air-condition him in any other type of vehicle while I am off doing something else. Once you go Tesla, there's no going back.

so possibly another delivery rivalry between you and I in a couple years? :biggrin:

So, I not only have to figure out how to sneak into line ahead of Nanimac, I need to get there ahead of RodF too? It will indeed be like the good 'ole days. I'm thinking of pulling Mugsy out of retirement for this.

So what is the general thinking of what time TM will start accepting the deposits? I saw in the news a couple of days ago that the announcement was to occur in late afternoon in CA. Anyone thinking that deposits will be accepted early in the morning?

So what is the general thinking of what time TM will start accepting the deposits? I saw in the news a couple of days ago that the announcement was to occur in late afternoon in CA. Anyone thinking that deposits will be accepted early in the morning?

I think everyone including the people at the service center is waiting for final word from Tesla on what the rules will be. I'm inclined to believe that deposits will be accepted from opening on March 31 but I'm hanging loose to see what gets announced. Within a week we should know.

Just got the invite for Model 3 reveal.

"We're excited to share details of the Model 3 prototype unveiling at an intimate event in Los Angeles, CA for less than 800 people.

We want to share this with Tesla owners first, as a token of our appreciation for your support over the years. We've saved 650 places at the event for current owners including their guests.

Places will be allocated at random through a drawing on March 16. To enter, simply click below and register before noon PST on March 16 2016. You'll need to use your MyTesla email address to ensure successful entry into the lottery. On March 17, official invitations will go out to those selected through the lottery.

Model 3 reservations will open in Tesla stores on March 31 at 10am PST, as well as online immediately when the event (which will also be accessible via a live stream) begins. As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners.

Thanks again for your support. Good luck!

The Tesla Team"

Unfortunately I cannot make it.

It looks like if you want to reserve the first shot will be March 31 8am HST at one of the stores. Not sure which one yet.

I got the email and entered, although there's almost no chance I could actually go if I did get a spot. Having said that, I'm hoping it will be at the Ala Moana store at 7am. I'll bring a Starbucks traveler.

Interesting how the invite says:

" As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners."

I wonder how they will be managing this process. I hope the TM web host and servers are ready for the load.

Last edited:
Just got the email too..and entered to win of course :)

So it looks like 7am HST for reservations here! Who's bringing the coffee and donuts? :)

I have little doubt that the service center will be ready to receive reservations at 7 am on March 31, but let's please get some confirmation from our Tesla Hawaii SC and have someone report back on this forum.

Ok. I just called the SC. Reservations will be accepted only at the Waipahu location starting at 7am on March 31st. They will have people there starting at 5am in case anyone wants to get there early/be first in line.

So....who's going and what time?

I'll be there...not at 5am though..lol

Ok. I just called the SC. Reservations will be accepted only at the Waipahu location starting at 7am on March 31st. They will have people there starting at 5am in case anyone wants to get there early/be first in line.

So....who's going and what time?

I'll be there...not at 5am though..lol
Unfortunately I need to be at work by 7:mad:. o_O (unless, I get an invitation to the reveal in CA:D)