Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla finally opened up the design studio to allow my reservation to be configured as dual motor. I debated going all in on the performance upgrades, but in the end I decided the additional $11k wasn't worth it, especially given the overall lack of specific details on the differences between dual motor and performance.

Order placed and now the wait begins. Dual motor 3, metallic silver, sport rims, black interior. The design studio says 2-4 months, but as long as it's here close to my lease end date for my X in September, I'm happy.

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
Tesla finally opened up the design studio to allow my reservation to be configured as dual motor. I debated going all in on the performance upgrades, but in the end I decided the additional $11k wasn't worth it, especially given the overall lack of specific details on the differences between dual motor and performance.

Order placed and now the wait begins. Dual motor 3, metallic silver, sport rims, black interior. The design studio says 2-4 months, but as long as it's here close to my lease end date for my X in September, I'm happy.

So you didn’t want to spend $80k on fully optioned Model 3? ;)

Saw two model 3s, simultaneously, on the road the other day. That was a first for me. Unfortunately, I wasn’t driving mine at the time, or it would have been a trifecta! Enjoying these days of relative scarcity. Pretty soon, the M3 is going to be the new Camry! :p

Reactions: Akikiki
Saw two model 3s, simultaneously, on the road the other day. That was a first for me. Unfortunately, I wasn’t driving mine at the time, or it would have been a trifecta! Enjoying these days of relative scarcity. Pretty soon, the M3 is going to be the new Camry! :p

A friend who has family living near Stanford University says that in that neighbor, Teslas are called "Palo Alto Camrys because they are so numerous. I'm still waiting to hear a Nissan Leaf driver at my local Whole Foods Market say, "Damn, the chargers are all Teslaed out again." Within another year, we should be able to make that happen.

Aloha! Just signed up here, waiting on my VIN, figured I'd look for some Hawaii people... :)

If you've never owned a Tesla before, you're in for a thrill. I'm still looking for excuses to drive mine and I've owned a Model S since 2013 (got it just a few days BEFORE Nanimac got her's, but I'm not gloating (too much). I hear the size of the Model 3 makes it drive more like a sports car than the S I'm used to. Can't wait. Welcome to the forum, onehawaiian.

Last edited:
445AE63F-C5D3-4DA6-98F3-E6454483E4D3.jpeg
Teslfied...

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
Received my first email from a Tesla ISA based in Vegas with good news that my 3D is coming at the end of August! Timing should work out nicely with my lease end date of 9/5 for my X.

For those that already took delivery of their 3 here in Hawaii, are they still being good about not installing the front plate upon request? I know the last time the SC helped with my safety check renewal and when I took delivery of my X, they said they were not officially allowed to not install it.

Awesome - glad to hear they're not installing them and even if they do it's non-drill. I think Tesla/Franz intentionally designs their cars without front plates.

Sidebar - I have an extra "the Law" mounting bracket from my Model X that's unused if anyone is interested....