Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha! New Pearl White Long Range Model 3 owner here. Had it for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it! I see 2 other model 3’s frequently at the Volta charging stations at Ka Makana Alii when I go to the gym. Would love to meet other owners in the island!

Join us at www.teslahawaiiclub.com to meet other owners. We just had our 5th Anniversary meet-up. There were 5 Model 3s there. :)

2D8D16DC-5605-4071-B9D0-BE0E4080BCA9.jpeg
S3X at Ala Moana store :)

Reactions: StephenM and odub
Took delivery of my silver 3D today. Everything so far is okay, EXCEPT they had the wrong wheels on the vehicle. I ordered the 19" but the car had the 18" aeros. They put it on a due bill and service will call me when the wheels come in. There was also a minor scuff on the plastic back of the passenger seat.

Still getting settled in, but it's definitely a much different "feel" than driving my X or my S before that. My 5 minute impression is that the 3D feels slightly quicker than my uncorked X 75D did, but I think it's more the lower weight/mass of the vehicle vs. actual performance.

Reactions: nanimac
So my delivery is pretty messed up.
Was originally Monday the 27th, but due to Hurricane Lane I asked to push it to Tuesday the 28th. Sure no problem.
They called me Monday afternoon and told me my car wasn't ready and rescheduled me for Friday.
I got a call last night at 6:50p saying my car was just received 10min ago and would not be ready for delivery at 9:30am, but later in the day.
Delivery manager called me a little while ago (I'm really hating receiving calls from Tesla now) and said my car didn't pass inspection and they need to order a part, so I need to wait probably another frickin month.
I want to cancel this but there is nothing out there like a Tesla.
Can we swear on here? cause this effing sucks. :mad:

Dear One. This is unusual, but don't let it get to you. Fifteen minutes after you have it and start driving it, you will not remember any part of this. Its certainly not worth getting upset about. I am guessing you don't know, but Tesla is overloaded on 3 deliveries. News reports are that they are setting up another organization to just deliver cars. A lot more deliveries than the staff is prepared for, so they are catching up.
Have you been by the local SC lately? The front lot and storage area is packed, bumper to bumper/door-to-door with 3's. Inconvenience? Yes, worth getting upset? No. You are too close to the goal to quit or get upset. We feel ya, but don't let it upset ya. :)