Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently there is a backlog in San Diego for vehicle on their way to Hawaii. My delivery (LR RWD M3) was supposed to happen tomorrow (11/24) and has now been pushed to late December. They are trying to obtain additional shipping capacity but it's going to be down to the wire for December deliveries before the end of the year.

@AlohaMAPS, agree that it is going to be tight for deliveries at the end of the year. What is really strange is that personnel at both the International Market Place and Ala Moana store emailed/texted a friend who has yet to order telling him to order by Nov 30 to ensure the $7500 tax credit and that shipping would be expedited to be delivered by the end of the year. My Inside Delivery Advisor was unsure but hopeful that my car would be delivered by the end of the year and it has been sitting at the port of San Diego for two weeks so I'm not sure how they can truthfully be telling people that orders before Nov 30 will be delivered by the end of the year.

Maybe they're going to continue holding them and ship them all together? So, if someone orders by Nov. 30th, Tesla can get them built and delivered to San Diego soon enough so that they're guaranteed to make it on the last shipment Tesla is pretty sure will make it in time.

Or employees have been given conflicting information that they are then passing on to potential customers or some know more/better than others about potential hang ups, etc.

I wonder if the sales reps are really in the know about what is going on. Considering I ordered in early/mid October and it is now scheduled to arrive 19 Dec I can't imagine they can get one here with a late Nov order date, but who knows. A delivery employee did tell me that they secured an additional vehicle holding lot in the city.

I think its because they are doing batch configuration builds on the model 3, and since they are stock piled in California... I have gotten several emails and phone calls to place my order before November 30th for delivery by the end of the year as well.

and also remember, its the year end push... so, its true...

Apparently there is a backlog in San Diego for vehicle on their way to Hawaii. My delivery (LR RWD M3) was supposed to happen tomorrow (11/24) and has now been pushed to late December. They are trying to obtain additional shipping capacity but it's going to be down to the wire for December deliveries before the end of the year.
My LR RWD was supposed to be delievered on 11/19 and now its scheduled for December 21st.

I wonder if the sales reps are really in the know about what is going on. Considering I ordered in early/mid October and it is now scheduled to arrive 19 Dec I can't imagine they can get one here with a late Nov order date, but who knows. A delivery employee did tell me that they secured an additional vehicle holding lot in the city.

I ordered on June 26 and I still have not received my Model 3

I ordered on June 26 and I still have not received my Model 3
If you don't have a hard and reasonable answer for why it's been so delayed, you should contact someone on the local Hawaii sales team to have them look into what's up with your order. Repeating what I've only heard a garbled report of from someone else: There was a period earlier in the year (though I don't recall exactly when they said) where for some reason a number of orders were "lost" in Tesla's computer system and never got assigned to be built/delivered. So if you don't know that your car is sitting in San Diego waiting for its boat ride, I would definitely reach out ASAP.

So what happens to the Federal tax credit if your Tesla is not delivered by Dec. 31?

With Elon's tweet and the order page all but guaranteeing delivery by Dec 31 to ensure the full tax credit, I posed the question to my Inside Delivery Advisor and she basically told me that they could refund your deposit if you chose to cancel your order. At present there are no policies in place to address Tesla missing the deadline.

I'm hoping that if they miss the Dec 31 deadline they would provide a $3750 price adjustment.:rolleyes:

Reactions: P85_DA
While I am not saying it's LEGAL... I have heard a several times over the years....

they will date the papers 12/31/year... even though actual deliveries were a few days later... as in making the delivery numbers for the yearend...

Thus, having the paperwork dated delivered in 2018... makes it delivered in 2018... yes, payment and everything follows the paperwork sales date.

With Elon's tweet and the order page all but guaranteeing delivery by Dec 31 to ensure the full tax credit, I posed the question to my Inside Delivery Advisor and she basically told me that they could refund your deposit if you chose to cancel your order. At present there are no policies in place to address Tesla missing the deadline.

I'm hoping that if they miss the Dec 31 deadline they would provide a $3750 price adjustment.:rolleyes:
THats what I was thinking. Email from Tesla said explicitly M3 ordered by the end of November will be delivered in time to get the full tax credit. Will Tesla stand by that?

While I am not saying it's LEGAL... I have heard a several times over the years....

they will date the papers 12/31/year... even though actual deliveries were a few days later... as in making the delivery numbers for the yearend...

Thus, having the paperwork dated delivered in 2018... makes it delivered in 2018... yes, payment and everything follows the paperwork sales date.

Don’t think that will happen in the case of the tax credit as there would be to many people involved. That would be a fraudulent action on Tesla’s part but someone claiming the full credit knowing that the paperwork is back dated would also be committing fraud.