Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is no one blaming the shipping company or company that moves the cars to the port? Maybe this is not all of the story.

My car has been sitting at the Port of San Diego for a month so it's not the transport to the port that is the problem. I was told in mid November that there was a backlog and Pasha wasn't guaranteeing delivery by end of year but Tesla was working on new shipping agreements. Seems like Tesla knew of the backlog but was still guaranteeing delivery to Hawaii by end of year for all orders prior to Nov 30 so they must share at least part of the blame. Maybe they had confidence with the new agreements but you're only as good as your weakest link and Tesla is the one guaranteeing the delivery not the shipping company. Even if the shipping company was at fault, our agreement is with Tesla, not the shipping company......maybe Tesla should have bought a ship :cool:.

Last edited:
I'm not a owner or employee but I did put down the reservation over a year ago.

I would be less upset if Tesla was just honest about shipping. In October I was told my car was at the port waiting on a boat. It is now December and apparently there hasn't been one boat from California to Hawaii.

Last edited:
I've also heard that some cars that have been shipped within the last month have been cars that have not been matched to an order.... how do those get priority over cars that have been matched and just waiting to be shipped?

Because Tesla is run by idiots and don't actually plan on delivering cars

Seriously, I know you’re upset but please stop being so toxic on the Hawaii forum. Hawaii people should be better than those negative posters on other forums/threads on TMC. You are going to be getting the Best car ever..but if you truly hate Tesla that much then please cancel your order and buy an ICE car instead

Reactions: odub and Akikiki
I'm still hopeful that Tesla will be able to deliver. When I first inquired about why my delivery date was so far out when my vehicle was in San Diego awaiting shipment, I was told that there was a bottleneck in San Diego with their shipping company and the company was not certain they could accommodate all cars by the end of the year. It was about this time Elon tweeted that all cars ordered by tNovember 30 would be delivered by end of the year and some reservation holders in Hawaii reported receiving texts from personnel at the Ala Moana store indicating this applied to Hawaii. When I reached out to my delivery advisor and some Tesla store employees at the International Marketplace, they indicated that the tweets may not apply to delivery to Hawaii and whoever sent the texts may have not known about the bottleneck in San Diego. They both indicated that Tesla was working on new shipping agreements to get the cars here by the end of the year. Subsequent to that, I was notified by my delivery advisor that new shipping agreements were in place to get all cars in San Diego to Hawaii in time for end of year delivery.... of course they also told me at that time that my car was scheduled to arrive next week for delivery by December 15 but that is not happening. Additionally, emails were then sent from the International Marketplace store advising people to order by November 30 to ensure end of year delivery and in discussion with some those employees, they mentioned that Tesla higher ups were guaranteeing delivery by end of year. I can't believe these emails would have gone out if they were not reasonably sure they could deliver and if not, Tesla always seems to do the right thing and I'm hopeful that if they fail to deliver, they will provide a price adjustment to account for the lost tax credit. I'd be ok if they provided the price adjustment contingent on the purchase of autopilot to ensure they keep the profit margin up but I'm sure others may disagree.

Last edited:
odub --- We're in the same situation as you and received the same texts and emails. We, too, are hoping the outcome, whatever it is, will be to the satisfaction of the buyers based on good faith on Tesla's part. I also noticed on my financial worksheet that the $1000 deposit I made a couple of years ago had not been applied. Does anyone know how and when that credit occurs?

odub --- We're in the same situation as you and received the same texts and emails. We, too, are hoping the outcome, whatever it is, will be to the satisfaction of the buyers based on good faith on Tesla's part. I also noticed on my financial worksheet that the $1000 deposit I made a couple of years ago had not been applied. Does anyone know how and when that credit occurs?

My $1000 deposit is shown in my worksheet. I've heard others who are in your situation that somehow the reservation was not recognized when ordering and in that case, the recommendation was to ask for a refund. You might want to contact customer service to see the best course of action.