Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon posted on Twitter that if your car isn't delivered by the end of the year you can get a refund for your deposit.

I believe that is for new orders as Tesla is making a year end push.

https://electrek.co/2018/12/11/tesla-end-of-the-year-push-referral-program-cancellation-waitlist/

I'm still hopeful that Tesla will make a price adjustment if they miss their guaranteed delivery for those ordering before Nov 30. Of course, it would be preferable that we actually get our cars by year end and not need to find out what our recourse would be.

I'm going to be off island during my rescheduled delivery date as well and will be going in this Saturday to fill out the necessary paperwork. They will be delivering the car to my house while I'm away. I was originally told via email that the car would arrive on December 27 and was scheduled for delivery on December 29. My Tesla account is showing December 30 at 630pm. Regardless, I'm hopeful they'll get it to me before years end.

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
I'm going to be off island during my rescheduled delivery date as well and will be going in this Saturday to fill out the necessary paperwork. They will be delivering the car to my house while I'm away. I was originally told via email that the car would arrive on December 27 and was scheduled for delivery on December 29. My Tesla account is showing December 30 at 630pm. Regardless, I'm hopeful they'll get it to me before years end.

I will be doing the same thing this weekend.
Its nice of Tesla to offer that option.

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
I'm a day one reservation holder and ordered my model 3 mid-range on 10/18/2018 i live on Kauai my account says delivery in Honolulu 12/29/18. When i called Tesla Honolulu yesterday they said "can a friend or family member come and sign for it?"
anyone one with off island deliveries? I dont know what to expect here

I'm a day one reservation holder and ordered my model 3 mid-range on 10/18/2018 i live on Kauai my account says delivery in Honolulu 12/29/18. When i called Tesla Honolulu yesterday they said "can a friend or family member come and sign for it?"
anyone one with off island deliveries? I dont know what to expect here

They will probably just have you go in before you leave the island to sign the paperwork and pay the deposit

For my first delivery date I got the email saying my car was in transit and had a vin number. Tesla emailed me a few hours before the appointment to cancel because the car wasn't in Hawaii.

Since then I've been replying to the same email where Tesla keeps giving me different dates and the VIN is no longer on my account

Maybe you should go into the dealership here and talk with a manager. My two emails from the Las Vegas associates have come from different individuals. They don't have a personal caseload. I guess I'm way more anxious to get my car! LOL!

Last edited:
Did anyone receive an email late last week asking which dates you're unavailable for delivery? I did on Friday and promptly submitted my dates. Options were from the 23rd until the 31st. My original delivery date was supposed to be 11/19 and then delayed.