Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I'm waiting desperately for my 3, it is not as bad as the drama I read here for the end of 2018 delivery.

I ordered a Mid Range on 3/1, was offered a 2018 model I rejected and ended up with a Long Range ordered on 3/20 with free paint credit because they discontinued the MR. I was hoping before end of quarter but no VIN yet.

Mine finally came in! Ordered my car on 10/15, delivered 12/30, went to FedEx to pick them up plates and title on 3/21. Got them installed and first parking perk is now history!

What really sucks is that the "peel off" sticker and registration is back dated to November 2018! I took delivery on 12/30, plates arrived 3/21! Four months of nothing but ghost tags and registration! That sucks and is unacceptable!!! The purchase of a vehicle in Hawaii normally only takes 4 to 6 weeks! What the HECK!!!

So what? You have your great car. You have the tag. You don't have to worry about safety inspection for almost two years. Forget about it and enjoy your car.

You're right...so WHAT!!!

Yup, I feel that purchased one of the BEST cars of the present time. But if you were to go to an ICE dealership today and that dream car that you want to buy that was built say 6 months prior to you signing on the dotted line, wouldn't you want the tags to be as current as possible??? My car was built in October, delivery to Hawaii at the end of December with the registration, plates and stickers arriving in March. Normal local delivery for all things related to the delivery and purchase is 4 to 8 weeks!

Just wish that this portion of the delivery was more timely!

Oh...and yes... for your information, I totally enjoy driving my P3D+ all around town and not having to visit Costco to fuel up!!!

Reactions: nanimac
You're right...so WHAT!!!

Yup, I feel that purchased one of the BEST cars of the present time. But if you were to go to an ICE dealership today and that dream car that you want to buy that was built say 6 months prior to you signing on the dotted line, wouldn't you want the tags to be as current as possible??? My car was built in October, delivery to Hawaii at the end of December with the registration, plates and stickers arriving in March. Normal local delivery for all things related to the delivery and purchase is 4 to 8 weeks!

Just wish that this portion of the delivery was more timely!

Oh...and yes... for your information, I totally enjoy driving my P3D+ all around town and not having to visit Costco to fuel up!!!

As an early adopter in 2013, I waited 9 months for my car(which was not as long as other people)... Tesla also lost it on the docks for a week. I had to go to the tax office to pay the taxes then get my own safety check then go to the DMV and get my own registration and plates. But it was worth it...even with no AP, no folding mirrors,no reverse cam parking lines, etc.

So nothing personal if we sometimes seem a little annoyed when so many people complain about delivery issues..most people have no idea how easy they have it now! ;)

As an early adopter in 2013, I waited 9 months for my car(which was not as long as other people)... Tesla also lost it on the docks for a week. I had to go to the tax office to pay the taxes then get my own safety check then go to the DMV and get my own registration and plates. But it was worth it...even with no AP, no folding mirrors,no reverse cam parking lines, etc.

Me too. The entire process twice in 2013. In those days it was fun convincing the DMV and DOT people that a Tesla was not a golf cart.

Ah yes, the good old days. I also took delivery in June, 2013. This forum was an indispensable resource. We were all in unknown territory, having wired a large sum of dinero to some new company for a car we have never even seen in person.

I was lucky enough to do a test drive in Menlo Park before taking delivery. I even saw a green Model S there.

Got my Tesla today! Ordered March 1 received today..Already swapped out the wheels n tires for black staggered . Installed the wireless charging pad and a few other little things..only thing I found when I got home, cause I'm too blind with elation at the service center, scratches on the pillar between drivers and passengers window. Like brillow pad bad. Already made appointment with app . Are they gonna tell me too bad so sad you drove it off the lot?

Got my Tesla today! Ordered March 1 received today..Already swapped out the wheels n tires for black staggered . Installed the wireless charging pad and a few other little things..only thing I found when I got home, cause I'm too blind with elation at the service center, scratches on the pillar between drivers and passengers window. Like brillow pad bad. Already made appointment with app . Are they gonna tell me too bad so sad you drove it off the lot?

Congrats!!! Tesla’s not like other dealers. They should hopefully fix for you. But if you have time, bring it back today and show them.

Congrats, lets see some pics of those bad boy rims on your 3.