Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard they are giving delivery options now: sign and drive in 15 mins or group orientation that takes an hour. New owners, were you given the group option?
I was given a choice for those two options when they called me for my scheduled pick up at the SC. I will finally pick up my car tomorrow. What a rollercoaster ride from rejecting a MR 2018 model first week of March, eliminating the MR production, upsold to a LR, multiple price changes, terrible communications, but hopefully tomorrow I drive home a beautiful LR RWD in 15 minutes.

Reactions: nanimac
We picked up our M3 on May 10. Finally got plates end of July. However, the title and registration was a photocopy and a note from Tesla said the VIN they submitted was incorrect and they needed to correct it with the DMV. Over a month later I have not heard a word from Tesla and I still have no correct title or registration.

I went to DMV and they said to just wait on the corrected paperwork but they did give me an actual title and registration even though the VIN is wrong. Still waiting on correct. It is a new car not a turned in one. Correct VIN is xx32xx but title and registration show xx33xx. Shouldn't affect tax break since I do have a title and registration for a new 2019 M3, albeit with a VIN that does not agree with the actual car.

The IRS requires the VIN for the federal tax credit form. It only makes sense that they are comparing all VINs submitted against each other to insure no credit is issued twice. I would save every item of paperwork for an explanation in the event you have to turn in your 2019 return and this is not sorted out. Surely it will, but still be prepared. Of course this goes without saying, but did.

A few weeks ago I saw an ad on Facebook posted for Tesla's for $399 a month. The ad showed a Model X. I inquired and was given the rush, come down... we'll sort you out! I figured it was for a lease on a M3 (it was) but I was given an ridiculous trade-in offer on my 2016 Colorado prompting the potential lease into a purchase. All told it came out to about $409/mo for a basic M3.
I do miss being able to take stuff to the dump or pick up large things but after jonesing for a Tesla since it first came out, I'm happy with my M3.
Another weird thing: I had been with Island Insurance for over 30 years. I rarely get into accidents and their quote for 2 cars (the other a 2013 Sienna, full coverage) was $1888/year for the Tesla and $1000 for the minivan, $2888/yr. Called around and got on Progressive for $764/6 months for both the Tesla and the Toyota.
All told I went for a test drive on a Sunday and drove off with a M3 on Thursday. (They have inventory on hand now)

Attachments

• 2019-09-12 17.50.52.jpg
    2019-09-12 17.50.52.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 65
A few weeks ago I saw an ad on Facebook posted for Tesla's for $399 a month. The ad showed a Model X. I inquired and was given the rush, come down... we'll sort you out! I figured it was for a lease on a M3 (it was) but I was given an ridiculous trade-in offer on my 2016 Colorado prompting the potential lease into a purchase. All told it came out to about $409/mo for a basic M3.
I do miss being able to take stuff to the dump or pick up large things but after jonesing for a Tesla since it first came out, I'm happy with my M3.
Another weird thing: I had been with Island Insurance for over 30 years. I rarely get into accidents and their quote for 2 cars (the other a 2013 Sienna, full coverage) was $1888/year for the Tesla and $1000 for the minivan, $2888/yr. Called around and got on Progressive for $764/6 months for both the Tesla and the Toyota.
All told I went for a test drive on a Sunday and drove off with a M3 on Thursday. (They have inventory on hand now)

Congrats on your new car!

Reactions: Akikiki
Progressive? I dumped them because they were way out of hand on motorcycle insurance. I've looked at other insurance companies and still stick with GEICO. Better rates than USAA, who I dumped after 20 years becaus of it.
Well enjoy the new Tesla. Now time to mod it out.

I am paying 2800/year for a Model 3, Corvette Grand Sport and a Honda Ridgeline. I looked into AAA when we got the Tesla but they would not insure it. I guess I should shop around some more but Liberty Mutual has been good to me. Progressive/USAA insures my boat but they have been going up in price.

Progressive? I dumped them because they were way out of hand on motorcycle insurance. I've looked at other insurance companies and still stick with GEICO. Better rates than USAA, who I dumped after 20 years becaus of it.
Well enjoy the new Tesla. Now time to mod it out.

I guess the game is to move insurance policies every so often. Geico came back more expensive then Progressive and with less coverage too.
I'm not really a car guy but I have already ordered some white mud guards, white door handle vinyl, looking for a console holder thing that doenst have coins.