Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The black one was still at the service center when I went back on Tuesday to get new tires for my wife's Model S (by the way, I love the Michelin Primacy 19" tires. Huge improvement in comfort and quiet compared to the original Goodyears).

I spoke to Kamu (service tech) about the 3. He was pretty cagey about who it might belong to. He indicated that it was getting prepped for delivery, but wouldn't confirm if it was an employee, customer, or showroom car. I asked if I could take a picture, and he said absolutely not. They're being oddly secretive about it. I'm not sure why at this point, since the cars have been all over YouTube for a couple months now. But I certainly don't want to get anybody in trouble (or cause any trouble for myself); so I respected their wishes and just ogled it from afar.

Can't say if its Tesla policy company wide, but our Service Center personnel have always been highly protective and discreet about ownership of cars. Since a few years ago there's a couple of folks that are actually celebs that live in Hawaii and that own Teslas. I've been at the Service Center when one of those cars came in. No pictures either. Service Center personnel have avoided confirming ownership. Its always safer to err on the side of caution. Frankly I am pleased they have this attitude about discretion.

Reactions: nanimac
I don’t think they’re being secretive. Part of it is that the service staff doesn’t really know the owner details. The delivery and sales staff are privy to that info but likely won’t share either to protect the privacy of the owner. Plus if it were my car, I’d appreciate being the first one to take pictures or see my car up close. :)

Reactions: Akikiki
391134BF-1E18-43DF-AEC0-7E768D2EF369.jpeg So excited! Got the email today to configure my Model 3! :p

I don’t think they’re being secretive. Part of it is that the service staff doesn’t really know the owner details. The delivery and sales staff are privy to that info but likely won’t share either to protect the privacy of the owner. Plus if it were my car, I’d appreciate being the first one to take pictures or see my car up close. :)
Or me. You routinely have me taking your first pictures as you take delivery. Seems like its every six months too, but I am not complaining. :)

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
I didn't realize the third brake light on the 3 is at the bottom of the window vs. the top on the S. Gotta say I think it looks a little weird. o_O

I received my invite email last night, but I had previously submitted my "Hold my place" after the earlier post about checking your Tesla account. I'm planning to switch out my X for a 3 at the end of my X lease in September. I'm hoping they have the smaller battery and performance model (along with other options) available to order/configure by then (plus all the kinks worked out).

First delivered in the State? Or just the first picture of a Model 3 seen in the wild here?
Probably 1st or 2nd in state
Nice picture taken on Kapiolani Blvd. by the Hawaii Convention Center :)

The special Hawaii "Electric Vehicle' license shows: (T) 04 - 2018
Does this means that this is the #4 Tesla(?) license for 2018.

2018 02 - Hawaii M3 License .jpg

Attachments

• 2018 02 - Hawaii M3 License .jpg
    2018 02 - Hawaii M3 License .jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Funny
Reactions: Akikiki