Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everyone! Just joined...Reserved Model 3 the morning after the reveal, online.
After my delivery estimator got pushed back to May-July, decided to buy a CPO Model S.
It’s at the Honolulu SC getting inspected and repaired now.

Went over there today to check on it, and saw lots of Model 3s in the lot - maybe about 8-10! White, Midnight Silver, Red...
Was debating whether to continue buying Model S’s or get the 3 when I can configure, but, in person, that 3 is really cool!
So will probably go that route...

Question: is anyone here taking delivery of these 3s? Current owners? Non-owners? Reservation date and time?

Mahalo!!!

Reactions: fseir
Hi, everyone! Just joined...Reserved Model 3 the morning after the reveal, online.
After my delivery estimator got pushed back to May-July, decided to buy a CPO Model S.

Went over there today to check on it, and saw lots of Model 3s in the lot - maybe about 8-10! White, Midnight Silver, Red...
Was debating whether to continue buying Model S’s or get the 3 when I can configure, but, in person, that 3 is really cool!

Question: is anyone here taking delivery of these 3s? Current owners? Non-owners? Reservation date and time?

Mahalo!!!

A few owners have already taken delivery :)

For me, it would be hard to go from an S/X to a Model 3. Am too spoiled with auto doors, hatchback, more room, etc. ;)

Reactions: Akikiki

Mahalo!!!
I was at the SC today also. saw about 16 M3s getting prepped for delivery. someone said there were about 42 in this latest shipment.:D

Reactions: fseir and spleen
I was looking at a M3 spreadsheet on the Tesla forum and it appears there were 2 non-owners from hawaii who stood in line have already been invited to configure, I wonder if that's true. They just started sending out invites to non-owners on the mainland and I was under the assumption that Hawaii would be last so that is very interesting. I reserved 2/2017 and have a july-sept estimate for LR so trying to gauge where I'm at in line. Can't wait.. saw a blue M3 on the H1 the other day-what a beauty!

I was looking at a M3 spreadsheet on the Tesla forum and it appears there were 2 non-owners from hawaii who stood in line have already been invited to configure, I wonder if that's true. They just started sending out invites to non-owners on the mainland and I was under the assumption that Hawaii would be last so that is very interesting. I reserved 2/2017 and have a july-sept estimate for LR so trying to gauge where I'm at in line. Can't wait.. saw a blue M3 on the H1 the other day-what a beauty!

Confirmed. My boss is a non-owner. He and I stood in line on 3/31/16. He configured and confirmed his order last week. He's now in the 3-6 week window to get his car (for the record, I have deferred for now; I'm on the fence about LR now, vs. SR w/ Dual motor later, and possibly missing out on the tax credit).

Wow, Hawaii is really getting some love. Stoebs-Did you get an e-mail or did you login to find out you could configure? It doesn't appear Tesla will hit 200k by Q1 and if that's the case, the 7500 credit will last till September so there's still a big possibility you'll get the full credit. Initially, I wanted SR but I'm getting impatient and worried there will be more delays so LR it is!

I logged in and found the configurator availalble. That was on Jan 14. I didn't get my email to configure until Feb 4. My boss ordered his on Feb 22nd (I'm not sure when, if ever, he received the email invite). But again, he was a day 1 in person reservation.

My other complication is getting out of my LEAF lease. I'm in it until July 2019. I have a neighbor who is interested in taking over my payments, but HIS lease is up mid-May, so if I'm not ready by then, I need to find someone else to take it. So right now I'm in a game of chicken with Tesla over when the dual motor SR might actually be ready (for a Model S owner with a day 1 reservation).

Not sure if it was someone here, but I saw a white 3 with sport wheels parked at Koko Marina near Zippy's on Sunday late afternoon. My first time seeing it in person - very nice :):cool: and can't wait to get a closer look when they finally have a showroom model at Ala Mo or IMP.

• Non-owner, non-employee
  • Reserved in person at Fashion Valley Tesla Store, San Diego, 3/31/2016, around 10:30 am
  • Configured 2/22/18
  • VIN assigned yesterday, 3/7/18
  • Delivery date not set, but hopefully soon! :)

Reactions: nanimac
Two questions - we are about to pull the trigger for the Model 3:
1) My wife is 4' 11" tall. Will she be comfortable driving a Model 3? She currently drives a Prius.
2) What is the delivery turnaround time that people here in Hawaii have experienced from configuration to delivery?

1) My wife is 4' 11" tall. Will she be comfortable driving a Model 3? She currently drives a Prius.
2) What is the delivery turnaround time that people here in Hawaii have experienced from configuration to delivery?
I've watched just about every youtube video there is on the model 3, and from everything I've seen and heard, it's highly accommodating for tall and short people, alike. I sat in the display model 3 at the Santana Row store, and found the seat very comfortable, but I'm average height, and didn't test the adjustment limits. I would say there's a good chance she will find a comfortable driving position, and given the small steering wheel, lack of a binnacle, and down sloping hood, she should have an excellent view of the road.

AFAIK, there is no one on this forum, yet, that's taken delivery of the Model 3. There are a number of them already on Oahu, but they don't seem to be active here (the invite spreadsheet doesn't reflect any deliveries). So can't really say how long it is from configuration to delivery. I imagine it will probably take a little longer from VIN assignment to delivery, due to shipping, unless they find you a car that's already here in Hawaii (unlikely at this point).

I drove one last week. Am 5’1 and was pretty cozy. Actually felt cramped compared to my X which is probably too big for me. Lol I think she’ll be comfortable in it.

First round of deliveries was around 5-6 weeks I think? Maybe Spleen can chime in?

Reactions: RodF
Please share if you do decide to order. Would be great to hear about your experience, especially since so much has changed with the delivery process (and the cars) since you got your Model S :)

Ordered! I called today to make sure everything was in order, they said 4 - 6 weeks. Because we are in Hawaii, they said it may be towards the latter part of that timeframe. According to the person I spoke with, the process moves very quickly once the VIN is issued. Yes, I remember relying on this forum heavily when the MS was delivered because we had to do a lot of things ourselves. Now they do a lot of the administrative stuff for us. :cool:

Reactions: fseir and nanimac