Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Missed a call from a Las Vegas number (area code 725) on 3/9. Ignored it, thinking it was a wrong number. Didn't realize, until stumbling upon it in the forums, that the Tesla ISAs are based in Vegas. Called the number back today, and got a voicemail for my ISA! Not sure why he didn't leave me a message back on the 9th, but oh well. I left him a message, and he emailed me back to tell me that my car is at the dock in San Diego, awaiting transport. He's going to call me tomorrow, with more details. Progress! :cool:

Reactions: nanimac
Missed a call from a Las Vegas number (area code 725) on 3/9. Ignored it, thinking it was a wrong number. Didn't realize, until stumbling upon it in the forums, that the Tesla ISAs are based in Vegas. Called the number back today, and got a voicemail for my ISA! Not sure why he didn't leave me a message back on the 9th, but oh well. I left him a message, and he emailed me back to tell me that my car is at the dock in San Diego, awaiting transport. He's going to call me tomorrow, with more details. Progress! :cool:
WOW !!

Reactions: fseir
Down at SC the other day and the lot was so full of model 3's I could barely get in. lots of people getting their cars. even starting to see more in the wild.
Saw a couple of them up on the North Shore this week. One black with sport wheels and one blue with Aeros.

Mine is at the SC, with delivery scheduled for Saturday, exactly 2 years to the day from reserving! :)

Reactions: Papafox and nanimac
Looking for a Model 3 to do a 0-60 mph speed test with a VBox. PM if interested.

I'm in...but it's still a couple weeks out. I confirmed my order on 3/15, but still haven't heard anything. My boss is picking his up on Monday (he confimed on 2/22). They had it ready for him last weekend, but he has been in Europe for a work meeting so couldn't get it. I just sent an email to his Inside Sales Advisor in Las Vegas to see if he can dig up any info on my car.

I saw my first one in the wild on Wednesday. Red with 19' stiletto wheels. Gorgeous!

Reactions: nanimac
I saw three more today, within the span of about an hour. A black one coming out of Kalama Valley heading towards Sandy's; then two Midnight Silvers. One with Aero wheels by Safeway in Hawaii Kai and a different one with Stilettos in Costco.

These cars look so good!

Reactions: Polly Wog
A question for Hawaii owners, do we still have to pay in full before Tesla will ship our car from the mainland? I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering our Model 3, and am curious if that part of the process has changed from when I bought my S four years ago.

A question for Hawaii owners, do we still have to pay in full before Tesla will ship our car from the mainland? I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering our Model 3, and am curious if that part of the process has changed from when I bought my S four years ago.
I don't believe so. I just attended my boss's Model 3 handover. For the balance of the down payment, he did an ACH transfer over the phone with the sales advisor (in Vegas) prior to coming to the delivery appointment (just this morning). The car was already here. In fact, he didn't even get his notification about the delivery appointment until the car was already on the water and almost here.

For the record, the car is flawless. Silver with Aero wheels. VIN 70xx.

No, the owner does not have to pay in full before its shipped to Hawaii. And its been that way for a while now. How long? At least since March '17, when I picked up my third.