Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He indicated that they have a batch of Midnight Silvers (my color configuration) that are becoming available this week to match up to customer orders. Hopefully I'm in that batch and have good news by tomorrow.

What color did you order? Have they given you a delivery date yet?

We ordered white. I called and they said someone will be contacting me. According to the person I spoke to, you receive the VIN towards the end of production. Hopefully it will be here soon!

Historically with Tesla, we receive the VIN assignment week(s) before it goes into production. Keep checking your Tesla account where you VIN is, the status will change as production of your vehicle begins. My last VIN was assigned in DEc '16 about a week after I confirmed. Then because they car was going to be built in '17, the VIN year character changed before year end. The production of the car didn't begin until early March '17 though the VIN was assigned and adjusted in Dec '16. So, it can be weeks. But it might depend on the model of the Tesla too.

Historically with Tesla, we receive the VIN assignment week(s) before it goes into production. Keep checking your Tesla account where you VIN is, the status will change as production of your vehicle begins. My last VIN was assigned in DEc '16 about a week after I confirmed. Then because they car was going to be built in '17, the VIN year character changed before year end. The production of the car didn't begin until early March '17 though the VIN was assigned and adjusted in Dec '16. So, it can be weeks. But it might depend on the model of the Tesla too.

Apparently with the Model 3s they assign VINs after production. Since there are so few variables in configuration, they are just cranking them out in batches (color/wheel spec), and then matching them up to existing reservations. That's according to the Bloomberg tracker, VINs have been recorded in the 18,000 range, but I just got assigned a 12,6xx number moments ago, so it's definitely a batch issue. My car was probably built in mid-March.

• Informative
Reactions: nanimac
Outstanding! Remind us... When did you confirm your order, what's your VIN # or ballpark, and what color?
Outstanding! Remind us... When did you confirm your order, what's your VIN # or ballpark, and what color?
I configured 2/14, got VIN 010XXX 3/31. I got basic black since I'm planning to get it wrapped by Al's Tinting again. He did a very good job with my S and X. I got the aero wheels.

Reactions: nanimac