Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Papafox

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hawaii
Referral Code
Here's a video
by the Model 3 owner's club that indicates that rear-wheel drive Model 3s will be the initial cars built, to be followed months later by the dual-motor Model 3s. The implication is that those of us in Hawaii who order a rear-wheel drive Model 3 (particularly if you are already a Tesla owner and managed to get in line in front of Nanimac on first day of orders) could get pretty early deliveries of our Model 3.

At this time, I'm pondering taking the Model S back to the mainland to become my Iceman and Papafox summer and winter adventure car and using a Model 3 for my Hawaii driving.

Papafox, I think you should wait and get a dual-motor one :p

You see... this is how I cannot win.
If I go for rear-wheel drive, Nanimac challenges me to a race in her Model 3, P70DL
If I go for dual-motor, she drives by, waving and smiling, in HER Model 3 while I'm still waiting for delivery

These decisions are tough, particularly when I have a Portuguese Water Dog depending upon me to defend the family honor.

It would seem like maybe they were indicating employee? I would think that all of the employees with reservations should have been invited to configure before they started inviting non-employee owners. Hopefully at least one employee here would be looking at the LR/PUP and therefore configured and we'll have something on-island soon.

I'll take it as "pretty much every other state outside of California" isn't us here in Hawaii as we are not a state :( and we still live in grass shacks... kidding,

I forgot the count, but there were maybe less the 10 current owners that stood in line that one morning, so maybe I think its safe to say, no one in Hawaii other then employees have been invited to configure yet....

G's and nanimac,
Unfortunately, it seems like you might be right. Was hoping that we have not seen any Model 3's on island because none of the employees need or want to pay for the long range option but it seems like maybe they forgot Hawaii is a State. From the following thread on the Tesla site, it seems like even someone in Alaska has been invited to configure. I'm pretty sure that Hawaii has more Tesla owners than Alaska and from what I hear the Hawaii Tesla stores are among the busiest in the Nation.

Forum Check in for those who have configured | Tesla

Reactions: nanimac