Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My only semi-issue/concern is the utility of the visors (again). I love the HUGE windshield, but it looks like they're re-using a slightly modified visor from the MS, which we all know is too small to be really useful. I've gotten used to driving without the visors, but my wife cannot stand the sun in her eyes and the useless visors in the MS. I can't wait to hear her reaction to these....

My only semi-issue/concern is the utility of the visors (again). I love the HUGE windshield, but it looks like they're re-using a slightly modified visor from the MS, which we all know is too small to be really useful. I've gotten used to driving without the visors, but my wife cannot stand the sun in her eyes and the useless visors in the MS. I can't wait to hear her reaction to these....

After reading your post, I went out and sat in my S to look at the visors. I had not noticed them before. Never pulled them down before. Did you know there's a sticker on the visor about child seats? I never read that warning before. Hey, there's a mirror on the upper side of the visor too. Why?

After reading your post, I went out and sat in my S to look at the visors. I had not noticed them before. Never pulled them down before. Did you know there's a sticker on the visor about child seats? I never read that warning before. Hey, there's a mirror on the upper side of the visor too. Why?

There's a video online of how the visors are in the X. Finally we get lighted visors! (in the X) I thought it was cool how there seems to be some automatic attachment mechanism once you swing the visor over. It would be nice if they could get that same visor into the MS.

gmtom1, to deal with the small visors in my Model S during the road trip, I found the best solution when heading directly towards a low sun was to raise my seat a bit. The visors then covered more of the visible windshield and I could get just the right amount of visibility below the visor.

I received the link to this video via email. I took a few minutes to view it and found some interesting "stuff" that I don't think has been reported before.

2016 Tesla Model X 15 Things You Need to Know About the EV Crossover

Is this rear seat cup holders - made into the seat bottom on the Model X?
Check out the image at 0:47, 1:31 and 2:41 into this video.

And the X does not have a full one piece wrap around front cover. It has a nosecone buy does not protrude like the S. You can see the more flat nosecone at 1:02 seconds into this video.

The Center front console insert has removable inserts for the adjustable cup holders. As you can see at 1:37, the inserts can be positioned to a larger size to allow a larger cup.

I hope that center front console insert is removable. One of the nice things about the cabin of the Model S was the absence an console insert. It was marketed that without the insert women would enjoy the feature of being able to place their purse between the front seats. But the Model X is marketed as "built with women in mind", yet the between the seat opening now has no room for the purse.

Playing with the configurator and debating hard ... how bad do I want to get it mid 2016 and how much am I willing to pay for the 90D that I want vs the 70D that I should probably get? (sigh)

Spleen, can you charge to full at home overnight? If yes, I think that helps you make a choice to serves you.

If its worth anything to you and your decision making, in my 85, only once in two+ years have I dropped below 100 miles of remaining range in one day. Have your parents used nearly all the range in their 60 in a single day? I believe a 70 will provide plenty each day. just my two cents.

I concur with akikiki...the 70D range is plenty for Hawaii...but a 90D would be fun too..I guess in the end is it worth the extra $20k for the added range and acceleration? And can you survive the additional teslanXiety for the extra 4 or so months wait for a 70D? First world problems :wink:

I know!! Wrestling with the issue. Don't NEED the 90 but early arrival and faster voomvoom is also worth a lot ... (pulling hair out). Also 90 comes with smart air suspension which I would have gotten anyway so that's a nice throw in. Tentatively thinking titanium paint with white interior.