TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii Model X

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Sep 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Nanimac, we're definitely going to have to find some excuse for a Tesla meet-up after spleen gets his Model X. I gotta see this machine. I'm willing to wait if you go for the 70, spleen.

2. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

My two cents, Spleen...

I recommend getting the 70D. It makes sense for Hawaii. I like your color choice. When you did the configuration, does it offer the option for a 7 seater versus 6 seater?

3. stoebs

stoebs Member

From what I've read, the price difference doesn't 'include' the air suspension. You're paying for it either way. The price difference between the X70D and the X90D is the same as the cost difference between the S70D and the S90D with the smart air suspension. So you're saving $13,000 by going with the X70D with the smart air suspension option on it's own.

As much as I'd like the faster acceleration, I just wouldn't be able to justify the extra $13k for extra range that wouldn't really be useful here on Oahu. Of course, this is coming from a LEAF driver who just wants to upgrade to an S40 some day :rolleyes:.

4. spleen

spleen Active Member

Currently configured as a 6 seater. Don't think that I'll be carrying 7 regularly enough to need the extra seat and the extra space to move back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd rows is useful.

Like I said, choosing the 90 wouldn't be a rational decision. But how much of automobile purchasing is really rational anyway? lol. I'm also coming from driving a Leaf where I'm about to lose my 4th bar of battery capacity so looking forward to having Nissan swap out to the larger newer battery. ;)

5. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

Is there a price difference between the 6 seater and 7 seater?

6. spleen

spleen Active Member

$1000 more on the 7 seat option. 6 seats is a $3000 option up, 7 seats is $4000.

7. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

so true, so true ... :(

Still so torn. Also trying to talk myself out of getting the 22 inch wheels. Don't do it!!

- - - Updated - - -

20 inch silver wheels:
    2015-12-01_21-24-17.jpg

22 inch carbon wheels:
    2015-12-01_21-25-58b.jpg

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Both wheels look great. However, I would stay with the 20's. We already know what 21's do for the Model S, in terms of tire wear. Although we have no hard facts about the X, I think logic is going to show 20's will last longer than 22's. I say this even if they were the same price. I'd use that difference elsewhere on the X. Just my two cents.

10. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

I agree with the 20s. The wear and tear on the 22s should be the worse than the Model S.

11. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I agree too about the 20s but like the carbon wheel color

12. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

you're on an island, how many miles can you drive to wear out the 20" rims? even with more wear on the 22" rims, they still look better.

13. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

I wish I got 21's for my S, but the positive to smaller 19 or 20's is our roads are famous for potholes that give the 21 and probably 22's grief...

14. spleen

spleen Active Member

Wish they had a carbon/grey option for the 20s. Could powder coat the wheels afterwards but seems like it would be a pain.

15. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

The 22" looks 100x better than the 20". If you're going strictly on logic, yes, it's not necessary. But then again, is a $80k-$140k vehicle necessary? No. We buy it because we want/like it. I would never fault anyone for being practical, but I would say go with what makes you feel good. I've curbed, dented, even cracked my 21's and I would do it all over again.

16. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

What's logic got to do with it. on cyber Monday I bought a new treadmill and my building has several of them in the fitness center:scared. Nothing logical about that. the 22" look better. get'em:biggrin:
    (the treadmill was $1200 off the regular price does that mean I saved $1200?:confused:)

17. spleen

spleen Active Member

Why yes, yes you did. :)

I may still go for the 22 inch tires.

18. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

19. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

20. RodF

RodF Member