TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii Model X

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Sep 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Any you didn't immediately turn around and go back?!?! :mad: I guess your child in the seat has priority. :);)

2. spleen

spleen Active Member

Guess where I was on Sunday?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Is one of those yours?! Wait, yours has dark rims...

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Love the silver! Maybe they'll bring one out for us to play with this morning! :D (Not likely - they're probably all customer cars....

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

spleen, looks like you were in Tesla heaven.

6. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Saw a customer's titanium X in the service bay this morning, before they rolled the door down....:(

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Lani took the picture of a group of current owners in front of it.

8. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Nice. Kanu(SP?) Wouldn't let the customer in front of me to take a picture of it since it's a customer car.

9. spleen

spleen Active Member

I got permission to take the pics. But I also made sure that there wasn't anything personally identifiable in the pics so that people could say that it was their car or somebody else's. :)

Nope - best estimate for arrival on island for my car is currently June.

10. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

The design studio is open to all now, and the 70D was replaced with a 75D. If I configure my X 70D order exactly the same, except with a 75D, the total cash price is $1800 more. ($101,500 vs. $99,700) I don't see any other significant changes. Interesting.

11. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Did range/power increase a lot from the 70 to 75?

12. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

IIRC, the 70D range on the design studio was 215. The studio now shows 237 for the 75D. 237 seems such an odd number to put. Why not just round down to 235?

• Like x 1
  13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Why not just round down to 235? Well, there's so many analyst, scientists, geeks, and all round Tesla-fans that would spend more time asking why Tesla rounded down instead of being "truthful" that is was simply safer to say 237. Someone would be beating Tesla up for inaccuracy claiming that other 2 miles would mean the difference to them of getting home or stuck along the side of the road. Just guessin'

14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Was playing with the X configuration on-line and noticed June delivery estimate for 90D and July for 75D! Sooo...spleen should be getting his real soon! :)

• Like x 1
  15. spleen

spleen Active Member

I've been told that it's expected soon on island. Again, I'm filtering that through the Tesla Time filter. :)

• Like x 2
  16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

So exciting! My husband's contemplating getting one again..lol..didn't realize the turnaround is sooner now..well...supposedly. Can't wait to see yours!

• Like x 1
  17. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Had my first Model X sighting "in the wild" (outside of the SC) downtown today.. beautiful midnight silver metallic (dark gray) !

• Like x 1
  18. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Me too! I came to work (later than usual) today, and found this in the parking lot at work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I had to stop and stare and be a few more minutes late to work. Too bad the MB got in the way of what would have been a perfect picture.

[​IMG]

I took a look at the VIN. It was <200 (not sure if it's cool if I post it or not, so abstaining for now.)

Full size pictures available here.

• Like x 1
  19. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

gmtom, I recognize that parking garage..you work across the street from me...i'm at the CPB building. Looks like that X has been here since February...one of the first ones here!

20. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Based on the C&C motor vehicle search, it was delivered 3/31, but the VIN tells a different story. Must have been sitting at the factory or in the SC for a while. :(