TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii Model X

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Sep 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. spleen

spleen Active Member

so pretty ... [​IMG]

2. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

So I went from seeing no Xs here, to seeing three in one day! First was my wife reporting a sighting of a midnight silver, license #6416 in Kailua Friday morning. Then on my way home after work, I saw a signature red driven by Jenny from the SC on H-1 eastbound, license #6469, then finally I saw a silver one in Hawaii Kai. Unfortunately, my reflexes weren't quick enough, nor was it safe to snap a pic.

• Like x 1
  3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Spleen, Congratulations on getting your X. Its beautiful.

4. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

Congrats on the new Model X.

5. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Saw the same silver X again, but this time I caught the plate - #6899. I'm assuming it's a P90, but I'm sure I'll see it again, as I think the owner lives near me.

6. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Spleen,
    You know your Model X in Hawaii isn't real until we have pics on the TMC website.
    We want pics!

We want pics!

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

Pics! Thanks to Akikiki for a lot of these!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

Love the pics! Interesting color choices - definitely will be a unique X to spot out there.

I see no front plate in the pictures. Did they provide you with the option again to not install it? I thought that since they're licensed now they would have to install it prior to delivery. I'm assuming you told them ahead of time and provided the safety check sticker bracket?

9. spleen

spleen Active Member

I had sent an email to Daniel asking not to install the front plate after all. They actually did the safety check sticker bracket on their own - my parents' new S had also come with it automatically so I figured that they would do the same for the X which they did. :)

10. RodF

RodF Member

Wow, I have been considering changing over to the dark wheels, they really transform the car's appearance.

11. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

I bet nobody wants to drive to work tomorrow more than Spleen ; )

12. spleen

spleen Active Member

Car is stuck in the garage until Xpel is done! Ugh.

• Like x 1
  13. gmtom1

gmtom1 Active Member

How long does it take to cure/dry?

14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

15. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

spleen, I hope that you are not have too much separation anxiety since you aren't able to drive the Model X for a while while on your trip.

16. spleen

spleen Active Member

I'm trying not to go crazy

17. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

That's okay. Your wife can drive it for you.

• Funny x 1
  18. spleen

spleen Active Member

Paint protection film installation began this week. When Peter from Jun's Tinting came out to check the car and to pick up the car key and garage door opener from me, he noted that the left rear bumper was slightly warped and one of the tabs that fastens the bumper to the body was showing. Looking at it closely, I could see what he was talking about though nothing is really that visible when just looking at the area. Feeling the area though, you can feel the warp.

[​IMG]

Talked to Jenny at the SC who graciously offered to come out to the house to inspect because the car was tied up getting the rest of the paint protection film applied (except for the rear bumper - I got permission from Jenny). She just came out last night and noted the issue and said that she would be ordering a replacement factory painted rear bumper and would let me know when it comes in so it can be installed. As always, the SC is top notch and Tesla service rocks!

Once the majority of the film is in place and tinting done during the rest of this week, I'll finally be able to drive the car! And then to Shea's next week Saturday for Opticoat with wheels off (will have to go back after new bumper in place and its paint protection film gets placed to get that part opticoated separately).

Whew, finally coming together!

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  19. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

20. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Nanimac posted a comment to the new X owners on the linked page too. The funny thing is that we've been fierce competitors with arrival dates of our vehicles since 2013 with the same type of Teslas with the same paint colors, and I just noticed that both of our posts showed 1527 messages. Egads, we're competing on number of messages posted too, but with this message I am at 1528 and one message ahead of her now!