Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nanimac posted a comment to the new X owners on the linked page too. The funny thing is that we've been fierce competitors with arrival dates of our vehicles since 2013 with the same type of Teslas with the same paint colors, and I just noticed that both of our posts showed 1527 messages. Egads, we're competing on number of messages posted too, but with this message I am at 1528 and one message ahead of her now!

1,528!

Look out for the Model X this weekend! Stopped by the Ala Moana store and they said the X would be driving around the island on Sunday. They also have a silver X for test drives there and a red one and a signature at the SC.

image.jpeg
Paint protection film installation began this week. When Peter from Jun's Tinting came out to check the car and to pick up the car key and garage door opener from me, he noted that the left rear bumper was slightly warped and one of the tabs that fastens the bumper to the body was showing. Looking at it closely, I could see what he was talking about though nothing is really that visible when just looking at the area. Feeling the area though, you can feel the warp.

full

Talked to Jenny at the SC who graciously offered to come out to the house to inspect because the car was tied up getting the rest of the paint protection film applied (except for the rear bumper - I got permission from Jenny). She just came out last night and noted the issue and said that she would be ordering a replacement factory painted rear bumper and would let me know when it comes in so it can be installed. As always, the SC is top notch and Tesla service rocks!

Once the majority of the film is in place and tinting done during the rest of this week, I'll finally be able to drive the car! And then to Shea's next week Saturday for Opticoat with wheels off (will have to go back after new bumper in place and its paint protection film gets placed to get that part opticoated separately).

Whew, finally coming together!
It's Mark from CA. Here's a pic of the Suntek wrapped and ceramic pro coated X.

View attachment 180462
It's Mark from CA. Here's a pic of the Suntek wrapped and ceramic pro coated X.

Oooooh shiny! She's gorgeous man, congrats! The coating looks sweet. Are the kids having fun with the doors?

My rear bumper is scheduled to be replaced next week Monday, final Xpel to get applied on Tuesday, and Opticoat to be applied on Saturday. Busy week for my X!

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
Tesla just announced a Model X 60D config, which is just a 75D software limited to 60. I've already sent an email to Daniel to see if there's a possibility to downgrade to save a little $$. I don't need the extra 30 miles (200 vs. 237 per the design studio.)

Looks like I can downgrade, but it would delay my delivery further. I'm not sure I understand how a software change impacts hardware production timing and delivery. Oh well.... :confused:

Could be any number of things that cause them to require this. (I'm sure you already knew that). But one could be that they don't change your configure at the car. They let ti roll on through as was requested and turn it into a new onhand stock at a SC. And your new configuration moves to the back of the line.

How long was the wait? You've waited this long already. I always regret not getting what I wanted (especially when I am paying for it).