Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! So how many times have you gone out to the garage to look at your X ? :rolleyes:

Haha so I'm not the only one?! Six times since I parked it lololl

Congrats! looks amazing! There was a white X75 at the SC a couple of weeks ago that had just arrived and was still wrapped up. That was probably yours!

I'm still waiting on my 75 to arrive. Hopefully sometime late next month.

Sweet! Maybe that why my paper plates say the 12th....but yeah, my deposit was placed in 2012 (for an S) so I waited a hecka long time

Anyway just wanted to see y'alls input about the state law of front license plate having to be mounted... anyone ever get cited by HPD before, looks like a $60 fine for noncompliance, which honestly might be worth it each time if I don't have to damage the front

Haha so I'm not the only one?! Six times since I parked it lololl

Sweet! Maybe that why my paper plates say the 12th....but yeah, my deposit was placed in 2012 (for an S) so I waited a hecka long time

Anyway just wanted to see y'alls input about the state law of front license plate having to be mounted... anyone ever get cited by HPD before, looks like a $60 fine for noncompliance, which honestly might be worth it each time if I don't have to damage the front

I've had no front plates on my S since I got it in 2013, and never had any problems (knock knock), other than the hassle every year of re-mounting it temporarily using zip ties to get the safety check sticker.

• Helpful
Reactions: noservice2001
You're referring to the ones in the right bag? I'm under the impression they need to puncture a hole in the X still?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 52
No sir. I'm talking about the backing mount that is attached to the nose. Not the plate mount. There are folks on TMC that are discussing having problems getting the backing plate (that your black plate mount attaches to) off the vehicle. When we bought our S's we were given the option to have the plate mount and license plate attached to the nosecone. But there are X owners that have been commenting that they are not given the option to have the backing mount attached. Its been attached regardless of their request. I think its the same color has your X's paint, and not black like the plate mount. Does that help?

:) From the pictures and videos that I have seen regarding the front plate on the X, there appears to be three parts. There's a black backing plate that is attached to the front with heavy double sided tape. (Those folks removing it usually use a hot air gun to heat the tape through the backing plate before pulling it off. It has no screws holding it to the body.

Then we see the main part of the mounting plates. From the pictures and videos I think it the color of the car. This color mount has a flap that folds under the lip of the nose. This mount has screws that attach it and hold it to the black back mounting plate. But the flap attaches directly to the car, From the videos it looks like someone has to get down on the floor and look up under the lip to see the flap. The flap attaches with two unique screws. The heads of these screws look a little like a torx screw, but the outside of the head is not rounded. Its has rounded points. A torx screwdriver will not fit on the inside. Some people were using 45 degree or 90 degree angled small needle nose pliers. Others are using a cutting wheel to cut a slot to use a 90 degree screwdriver. I saw one video that the owner just gave up and was pulling and twisting the colored plate to get it off.

Anyway, I have the socked that helps get those screws on the flap off the X.

whew.

Oh, i see... That's a neat tool to own!

Anyways, I have a few things to ask

1) does your charge door open automatically or by pushing a button on the charger?

2) does you music automatically resume when you turn car on?

(Where can you get the slacker password?)

3) do a bajillion people ask you about your car? came back from target salt lake today to have a group of people looking into the tinted rear of my car, and this isn't the first time...

4) besides chargepoint, what networks are worthwhile to sign up for? Blink? aerovironment?

Thanks in advance!

Charge door should open with the button on the Tesla connector of the UMC or the HPWC if the car is unlocked. My Slacker usually picks up where I left off but won't restart automatically if I'm streaming music from my phone. I get a few questions about the car - mostly from workmates but occ from random people when i stop.

I have cards for Chargepoint, Blink, OpConnect, and SemaConnect but in all honesty, don't carry most of them anymore and leave them with my wife's Leaf. I only ever charge with my Tesla at free chargers now to pick up a few electrons here - there's never been a case where I NEED to charge. With that in mind, I would definitely NOT get Blink or OpConnect. Chargepoint has a few free chargers here and there as well as SemaConnect so those two might be worthwhile. Otherwise, of course, Volta but those don't need any cards :)

Oh, i see... That's a neat tool to own!

(Where can you get the slacker password?)

Thanks in advance!

I often save Tesla tips that I find on the forums. This was from a year ago. I hope it still works and helps you.

HOW TO: Reset your Slacker Radio login to factory defaults

To reset your Slacker Radio credentials to factory defaults, tap Controls, then Settings at the top, then Apps on the left side, then Media Player. Once you’re at this screen, replace both the Slacker Email and Password fields with fake information, and click the login button. You'll get a pop-up window asking you to re-enter it. Close both that pop-up and the Controls window. Tap on the Tesla T logo at the top of the touch-screen, which will bring up a window with the vehicle’s VIN number. This requests the factory Slacker login information, and will populate it in the Media Settings. Return to the Media Settings and click login. You should now be good to go.

• Love
:) From the pictures and videos that I have seen regarding the front plate on the X, there appears to be three parts. There's a black backing plate that is attached to the front with heavy double sided tape. (Those folks removing it usually use a hot air gun to heat the tape through the backing plate before pulling it off. It has no screws holding it to the body.

Then we see the main part of the mounting plates. From the pictures and videos I think it the color of the car. This color mount has a flap that folds under the lip of the nose. This mount has screws that attach it and hold it to the black back mounting plate. But the flap attaches directly to the car, From the videos it looks like someone has to get down on the floor and look up under the lip to see the flap. The flap attaches with two unique screws. The heads of these screws look a little like a torx screw, but the outside of the head is not rounded. Its has rounded points. A torx screwdriver will not fit on the inside. Some people were using 45 degree or 90 degree angled small needle nose pliers. Others are using a cutting wheel to cut a slot to use a 90 degree screwdriver. I saw one video that the owner just gave up and was pulling and twisting the colored plate to get it off.

Anyway, I have the socked that helps get those screws on the flap off the X.

whew.
another option for the front plate mounting would be "The Law" from torque Lift Central for the Model X (and another for the S)