TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii news about used Model S costing more than new

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Feb 12, 2014.

1. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Did you guys see the articles regarding used MS costing more than new MS? When I told my wife this, she wanted to sell our MS and buy a new one with the extra money.

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Tell her its a great idea. Do it.

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I'm sure we could sell our "limited edition" 40s for what we paid for them or a little more!

4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I too believe you could.

5. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I am thinking about more. I wonder if you could get 20K more for them. They are limited editions.

6. GDH

GDH Banned

Every village has one.

7. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Hey, why stop at 20K? The 40s are really "priceless", a true collector's item. Of course, they're just a software tweak away from your everyday 60, but who's asking?

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

My tax person did say we needed more tax credits for this year or we might end up paying....hmmm...dare I copy Akikiki and get another EV credit? :tongue:

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

It worked for me. I earned two fed credits for '13. Play what if for a minute. What if you got the credit for a purchase in '13 for a MS that you sell for more than the original price? I waited only 30 days (exactly) for my delivery from the time I pressed "go" on the confirm order. So, would you move up from a '40' to an '85' if you pocketed the fed credit on top of selling your '40' for at least or more than you paid TM? hmmm. (Frankly, I never have an ICED charger problem, 'cause I can drive all day and the next and still have plenty before I plug in at home.

10. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Haha, somehow I think the reality is somewhere in between. I'm tempted to put up a craigslist or ebay listing, but somehow I don't think we'll get too many over MSRP here in Hawaii. Mainland is a different story though. Can you imagine what would happen to the used MS market if the stealerships ever win their cases to outlaw Tesla stores?

11. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Post it on Cars.com or Autotrader.com and see if someone from mainland would make an offer. Let them fly over and test drive. (Who wouldn't like an excuse to come here?) Then they pay to ship it to mainland. What will it cost you to try? $25-30 ?

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I must admit it's tempting to list mine for $500K just for the amusement.

13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Brian, I hope no one offers you that much for it. why? cccuzzzz, I am going to feel like a real fool. lol