Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Next Gen Seat Cover with Adjustable wings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Scouting interest in a local product. I have sat in the Next Gen seats a couple of times. That's all it took. I want'em. But I am not ready to buy another Model S. I was thinking.

If you could get a pair or even just the driver side front seat back (top section) seat cover(s) designed with an inside pocket allowing extra padding like wings to mimic the Next Gen seat “wings” to support your back/kidney area would you want a set/one? This seat cover would be the top half of the seat and snugly slide down and with straps to secure it to the base of the seat. You could pull it up, turning it inside out and add/remove pads to adjust the firmness of your "kidney wings".

The cover could be customized to add different thicknesses of foam pads to get the fit that we prefer, such as wide but soft or thicker and harder. I suspect the more people interested, the less the cover would be each. And if you wanted only the driver side, you would not be required to buy a set or even the seat cushion cover.

We could also get the seat bottom in matching material. Maybe these covers could be exact color or even same material/fabric that we currently have in our seats. There's currently only three original Tesla colors, right? Black, Grey and Beige.

I will seek out a local Hawaiian seat cover company to design this seat cover. Are you interested?
I will look into these options:

1. Driver side only – (top) seat back cover w/wings. (The top half only of the seat itself.)

2. Driver side only – (top) seat back cover and bottom/seat cushion cover (top/bottom one seat.

3. Set of two seat (top) seat back covers w/wings and bottom seat cushion cover. (top/bottom two seats.

4. Thicker/padded seat cushion cover. This lower cushion cover could be designed to produce more scoop to the bottom.

5. Material/Pattern:
A. Leather
B. Waterproof Neoprene
C. Hawaiian Seat Cover Design

6. Inlay design front inserted in the headrest:
A. "Tesla"
B. "Model S"
C. “Hawaii”
D. Custom

Note: I doubt that the T logo is going to be an option due to trademark infringement precautions.

Last edited:
Scouting interest in a local product. I have sat in the Next Gen seats a couple of times. That's all it took. I want'em. But I am not ready to buy another Model S. I was thinking.

If you could get a pair or even just the driver side front seat back (top section) seat cover(s) designed with an inside pocket allowing extra padding like wings to mimic the Next Gen seat “wings” to support your back/kidney area would you want a set/one? This seat cover would be the top half of the seat and snugly slide down and with straps to secure it to the base of the seat. You could pull it up, turning it inside out and add/remove pads to adjust the firmness of your "kidney wings".

The cover could be customized to add different thicknesses of foam pads to get the fit that we prefer, such as wide but soft or thicker and harder. I suspect the more people interested, the less the cover would be each. And if you wanted only the driver side, you would not be required to buy a set or even the seat cushion cover.

We could also get the seat bottom in matching material. Maybe these covers could be exact color or even same material/fabric that we currently have in our seats. There's currently only three original Tesla colors, right? Black, Grey and Beige.

I will seek out a local Hawaiian seat cover company to design this seat cover. Are you interested?
I will look into these options:

1. Driver side only – (top) seat back cover w/wings. (The top half only of the seat itself.)

2. Driver side only – (top) seat back cover and bottom/seat cushion cover (top/bottom one seat.

3. Set of two seat (top) seat back covers w/wings and bottom seat cushion cover. (top/bottom two seats.

4. Thicker/padded seat cushion cover. This lower cushion cover could be designed to produce more scoop to the bottom.

5. Material/Pattern:
A. Leather
B. Waterproof Neoprene
C. Hawaiian Seat Cover Design

6. Inlay design front inserted in the headrest:
A. "Tesla"
B. "Model S"
C. “Hawaii”
D. Custom

Note: I doubt that the T logo is going to be an option due to trademark infringement precautions.

I would be interested in this.

thinking, is that what they call it these days.:biggrin:

locally, WetOkole may be a good resource. if you want to go off island, check with EvAnnex and see if they have contacts in that area or if they have them in the works already.:confused: