Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Non-profit Events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the Tesla Hawaii Club grows, we are being approached to support non-profit organizations and their events.

Post to this thread if there are any events and we can see what kind of interest there is..

Here's the first one up for consideration:

Who? Presented by Thrive Global
What?: 2016 Road Rally For Youth- Stay in School Drive
When?: Saturday November 12, 2016 8:00am-3pm
Where? Kaka’ako Waterfront Park

Event Purpose: This rally is to bring community awareness and interest in the involvement to engage with at-risk youth. We will partner each driver with a youth for this ride. Driver’s will get a chance to learn more about the youth and share the benefits of making good grades and staying in school. More and more youth are dropping out between grades 8-10, we are hoping this rally will change some minds and provide encouragement to continue even onto higher education.

Admission Fundraiser: $50/ driver

Post if you're interested and I can provide more details.

Just a minor PSA - you may want to double check with your insurance agent/representative if participating in these type of events and/or parades, etc., is covered by your policy in the event something unfortunate happens. Not trying to discourage participation from what sounds like a great event, but murphy's law and everything.

Just a minor PSA - you may want to double check with your insurance agent/representative if participating in these type of events and/or parades, etc., is covered by your policy in the event something unfortunate happens. Not trying to discourage participation from what sounds like a great event, but murphy's law and everything.

I'll check with the event coordinators too.

Anyone interested in participating in this? I think would be good to do this if we can get at least 5 people to commit. I want to get back to the contact person by next week and let her know if it's a go or not.

PS. I haven't had time to check on the insurance thing but if that makes a difference for participation, i'll follow up.