TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii Owners - Wrap, Opticoat, CQuartz, or other? Where?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by nanimac, Jun 1, 2015.

1. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Debating on how to protect my new car. Last time I had a full body wrap (but only partial hood) with 22PLE on the rims. Looking for input from my fellow islanders as to what you have on your car and who installed it.

This time considering partial wrap (full hood and rock prone areas) and then opticoat or CQuartz, etc on the rest.

Any input is appreciated (except Dsmith's chrysler paint cover up :tongue:)!

2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

I can loan you the rattle can:redface:

3. spleen

spleen Active Member

Why not full wrap and full hood this time.? It's still the best protection against scratches and door dings and rock chips..

I'm still debating what to do for my X so I'll be watching this thread closely ... lol

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Leaning that way...just been reading what other people have been doing on TMC so curious what owners have here and their experiences.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I don't think Opticoat Pro or II is available any more. Some guys in the parking lot at Windward Mall had the franchise on Oahu, They told me they didn't like doing it because it was too easy to mess up and too much effort to correct.

6. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I'm looking into these guys. http://www.pakshak.com/store-hours.html Plan to take it down for paint correction, retrieve for X-Pel wrap (front end only) and return for Opti-Coat Pro everywhere. Plan to go down and talk to the owner this Saturday.

7. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Where are you getting Xpel front wrap? I'd be interested in knowing cost after you talk to Pakshak. Maybe we can get discount if we both go there. Am hoping to take care of everything next week.

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Have you picked up your car?

I didn't know the Pakshak guy had a garage. I've both a bunch of stuff and thought he only had a store. Its tucked behind some buildings just as you turn on to Sand Island Road. Let us know what you learn, please.

9. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

Xpel being done by Robert @ Automotive Emporium @ 954-1600. I think our boat gets in the 9th (leaves west coast tomorrow) hoping for delivery the 10th (Eileen's birthday) but could drag out as far as 12th.

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

#10 nanimac, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Am looking at a couple other options for xpel (jun's tinting and xero graphics) Will let you know what I find out.

Heard back....Full front and mirrors- Jun's $1495+tax, Xero graphics $1599+ tax. Full coverage--$4900+--Yikes!

More info: Jun's is certified in Xpel because he does it for JN Exotics. He has a shop in Kapolei but will come to you if you have an enclosed garage. Note: Neither one of these guys have Tesla experience but both said it's probably easier than a Ferrari..lol

11. RodF

RodF Member

I'm keeping an eye on this thread - ouch! Thanks for researching this.

12. spleen

spleen Active Member

Jun's won't do full coverage? I'd be interested in full coverage by a certified shop.

13. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

They'll both do it. Same pricing...around $4900. Am thinking the X might be more since it's bigger.

14. spleen

spleen Active Member

Makes sense. More food for thought, hmmm

15. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I got xpel done on the full front end of my car along with the rocker panels, door handles and door edges. It looks great! I HIGHLY recommend Peter at Jun's Tinting. He came to my house, worked in the hot garage all day, then came back the following day to check on it. He did a great job, was quick to get back to me when I asked 5 million questions, and I can tell he really takes pride in his work. Even my tint guy who also does wraps (but not xpel) was really impressed by the job he did. No wonder JN Exotics trusts him for tinting and clear wraps!

image.jpg

16. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Nanimac, will he come to a garage on the mainland to do Xpel? Just kidding, but I'm thinking of getting Xpel on the front half too. How does the covering affect shine? I would like to protect my car from all the highway driving coming up. All thoughts greatly appreciated.

17. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

The car is pretty shiny in person...it's easier to see in these pics. image.jpg image.jpg

18. spleen

spleen Active Member

Did he wrap the edges around? I don't see any edges on the hood from what I see but maybe I'm not seeing them because of the angle or something. It looks beautiful!

19. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Wow! It does look fantastic even in pics. I want to see it 'in the real' next time.

20. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Yes, edges are wrapped on hood. He tried using the pre-cut hood kit first but wasn't satisfied with how it came out on the edges so redid it with a bulk cut instead. :smile: