Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Owners - Wrap, Opticoat, CQuartz, or other? Where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump..... With my 3D on the way, I'm researching paint protection options again....:)

I'm definitely doing Xpel on the front again with Jun's. I'm also interested in CQuartz, but from the manufacturer website, it appears PakShak is the only authorized distributor here, and I'm not sure if they just sell it, or will do the "installation" too.

Any recommendations?

I had Xpel and CQuartz applied by Auto Emporium. Very pleased

Bump..... With my 3D on the way, I'm researching paint protection options again....:)

I'm definitely doing Xpel on the front again with Jun's. I'm also interested in CQuartz, but from the manufacturer website, it appears PakShak is the only authorized distributor here, and I'm not sure if they just sell it, or will do the "installation" too.

Any recommendations?
Auto Emporium installed my CQuartz on my '13 P85 back in '13. Looked good years later when I sold it. But 22PLE sure looks glossy-er when its clean. On my '17 I went a different way. I bought Brother's Nanoglass Ceramic Coating from ForMyTesla.com and installed it myself. Took a couple of hours including good wash, and claying first. The Nanoglass installation is just wiping it on and let it dry. No effort involved. (Saved a LOT of money doing myself.) Looked just like my CQuartz did.

Auto Emporium installed my CQuartz on my '13 P85 back in '13. Looked good years later when I sold it. But 22PLE sure looks glossy-er when its clean. On my '17 I went a different way. I bought Brother's Nanoglass Ceramic Coating from ForMyTesla.com and installed it myself. Took a couple of hours including good wash, and claying first. The Nanoglass installation is just wiping it on and let it dry. No effort involved. (Saved a LOT of money doing myself.) Looked just like my CQuartz did.
How long did this last (water beading)? And does it give protection against light scratches?

How long did this last (water beading)? And does it give protection against light scratches?

Paint protective film provides the best protection from scratvhes and chipping esp around the front bumper, hood and side mirrors
Ceramic provides added protection but is best known for increasing the thicknrss of the clearcoat and reduces dirt adhesion thereby simplifying car washing.
Hope this helps!

Paint protective film provides the best protection from scratvhes and chipping esp around the front bumper, hood and side mirrors
Ceramic provides added protection but is best known for increasing the thicknrss of the clearcoat and reduces dirt adhesion thereby simplifying car washing.
Hope this helps!
Any group buys/discounts for all of us NEW Tesla owner??? I'd love to do PPF on my front end and full window and roof tint!!!

Just wanted to give my feedback, as I just got Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra put on by Jon and Rob at Automotive Emporium.

It came out Awesome!!! I am fully impressed, and would highly recommend you checking them out.

Side note, a good friend of mine referred me to Rob, only after the phone call with Rob, did I realize it was Rob from Automotive Emporium.

I found a guy who was working at the detailer at Ala Moana, but he went independent. Hard worker and really obsessed with doing a good job. He's been detailing my car...he's willing to do it at my business or at my residence. I've liked his work so I had him apply SB3 Coating (nano ceramic coating) to my Model S. Coating should last 5 years. With all the rain we've been having lately, I've been happy so far with the coating. He also took all the Tesla installed paint protective film off my car before putting the ceramic coating on. If you have the protective film on your car, you might want to consider taking it off at some point. My car is 6 years old and the film was getting brittle. It was a pain to remove and some detailers aren't doing it any more. Price for the ceramic coating was reasonable. He did the whole car (body and glass, not wheels). It was very reasonable in price. If anybody is interested I can forward you contact information to the detailer.

Reactions: nanimac
I found a guy who was working at the detailer at Ala Moana, but he went independent. Hard worker and really obsessed with doing a good job. He's been detailing my car...he's willing to do it at my business or at my residence. I've liked his work so I had him apply SB3 Coating (nano ceramic coating) to my Model S. Coating should last 5 years. With all the rain we've been having lately, I've been happy so far with the coating. He also took all the Tesla installed paint protective film off my car before putting the ceramic coating on. If you have the protective film on your car, you might want to consider taking it off at some point. My car is 6 years old and the film was getting brittle. It was a pain to remove and some detailers aren't doing it any more. Price for the ceramic coating was reasonable. He did the whole car (body and glass, not wheels). It was very reasonable in price. If anybody is interested I can forward you contact information to the detailer.

I’m interested in his contact info.

His name is Gabriel (808-386-3031) and his company is called OCDetail. OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder. Very good condition to have in the car detailing business! Good guy and trustworthy. He's a one man operation, but does a good job.

Reactions: nanimac