TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hawaii Service Center experience

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by ddruz, Aug 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. spleen

spleen Active Member

Thanks! That's what I vaguely remembered as well but wanted to make sure.

2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

50 amp circuit be the charger charges at 40 amps.

3. drtko147

drtko147 Member

A weird thing happened to me this morning. When I opened up the door, the screen said that the map was updated. But then, when I got in to drive it to work, it had the exclamation mark, telling me that it needed servicing. I contacted Jimmy and he is having the techs look over the log. He told me that the log showed that my liftgate was open. I checked it and it was not open. I am still waiting to hear what they found.

4. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Menehunes, clearly.

5. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Well, got the call from Jimmy to arrange for my car to be serviced today. Rick, the detail guy, came by to pick up my car and bring me the red 85 loaner. He told me that he won't be working for Tesla for long. He got a job at Tripler. Thank you, Rick, for all your detailing service. Good luck with your new job!

6. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Another great experience. They replaced the rear drive unit. And they even did the 5000 mile servicing with the tire rotation.

7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Wow - so you went from having a map update notice and phantom rear liftgate warning, to getting a drive unit replacement? Our SC is amazing! I just had my drive unit replaced at the SC (proactively!) this week too.

BTW, is anyone else slightly disappointed that they've masked over the sliding glass doors now in TM Red canvas? Probably to hide all the MX's they are prepping and/or QC fixing in there. :biggrin:

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

a little off topic but there's a bunch of CPOs listed for Hawaii... 2 P90DLs $115K+ but also red 70 and red 85..all 2015s. Must be selling their loaners.

9. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I wonder why they're selling the loaners? Perhaps they're going to replace with an MX loaner. :tongue: My guess is it's a new thing that TM will continuously list the loaners as CPO vehicles, just in case.

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Brought my car in for service today and Rick was there! He said the funding for his new job (government) didn't go through so basically "unquit" the next day and stayed at Tesla. They hired another detailer who he's training and then he's hoping to move up to technician.

11. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Had to have the Tessie picked up at work because of some issues with the windows not closing properly. It wasn't a big deal but it was time for my safety check so I figured I would have it all done at once. Rick and Stuart drove over with the loaner this morning. It was the blue P90D! Unfortunately, because I work 8-5 and the Service Center technicians are so good, they brought my Tessie back at 4 pm and took the loaner back, even before I got to drive the loaner. :(

As usual, the service was excellent. Jimmy even texted me to let me know the status of the work. I use the app on my phone to track Tessie on the way back from the Service Center so that I can be downstairs when they arrived. Didn't work out as well because I was in with a patient when Stuart arrived. He was nice enough to park in the EV charging stall so that I could top off.:)

12. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

The blue P90D loaner is a nice one. I had it for a weekend when my S was in for the drive replacement. Autopilot spoiled me in the stop-and-go traffic on H1 coming back to town from the SC.

The only weird thing about that loaner is the lack of power liftgate on an otherwise fully-loaded S. I'm also spoiled by the "huge" frunk in my non-D S. Hope the X frunk is a bit bigger.

13. drtko147

drtko147 Member

When I went to the Tesla social, they showed us the Model X. The frank is bigger than the Model S with D. It seems about the same size of the non-D Model S.

14. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

The frank? LOL. Unfortunately, although it's probably the same, volume wise, the way the non-D frunk is laid out is better for carrying a stroller that folds in half. I'm really enjoying the convenience of the frunk on my S to store my stroller. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I suspect it won't fit in the X's frunk.

15. spleen

spleen Active Member

We can test it if you like. :)

16. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

I wouldn't have guessed it going there, with the other car dealerships that moved I was thinking they were going to be closer to Ala Moana Blvd. But not matter what it will be nice.

17. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

The SC now has a red, 6-seat X with the white vegan leather in the "showroom" that you can play with. Jenny said they're going to start test drives "soon".

• Like x 1
  18. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

I saw an X with dealer plates yesterday driving around yesterday, I think it was a silver, but not red.... Time to schedule a service and maybe can get a X loaner :)

19. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I saw the silver with the MFG plates too, but it was after I had already left the SC. Does anyone know if they do overnight test drives?