Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual, the service center staff did an excellent job. I found out that the normal staff are in California for training so the temporary staff is from California. I was able to have the software update to convert the 40 to a 60 kwh battery. I found out that there has been some confusion as to the upgrade in that they thought my inquiry was to convert from 40 to 75 kwh.

Reactions: Akikiki
As usual, the service center staff did an excellent job. I found out that the normal staff are in California for training so the temporary staff is from California. I was able to have the software update to convert the 40 to a 60 kwh battery. I found out that there has been some confusion as to the upgrade in that they thought my inquiry was to convert from 40 to 75 kwh.

Did you end up paying the full upgrade price?

Reactions: Akikiki
They out there learning to work on model 3s?

On one hand, I don't know why we continue to boast of the excellent service center experiences. Aren't they all excellent? Isn't each time as great or sometimes better than the one before? Here goes anyway.

I had a superior experience at the Honolulu Service Center today. I didn't have an appointment. Two days ago, the low tire pressure notice popped up on my dash for two tires on the left side. I didn't know if I would get to the SC today, so I didn't make an appointment. I simply dropped by to see. I had already checked the tires myself to see if there was a screw or nail and there was not. So, I needed someone to dig deeper. Can you take me in today? Yes, we can, we are happy to do so.

The CA crew was on duty, because our regular Honolulu crew is in CA for training. (Learning what? To do better than they already are? To improve on excellent? Duh) Our Honolulu crew is already the best. I don't know how they could be any better. But they are gone.

The CA crew took my S in to check the tires. I didn't tell them what to do, they know better than I. When finished, they told me, they had dipped both tires in water looking for slow leaks. Nothing. Value stems were good. They took both left side wheels off and checked. No nails, no screws, nothing visible. Checked the TPMS; working fine. While they had two off, they took the other two off and rotated the tires. (I didn't ask them to do this, and its still 6 months before the first annual service.) They did it because they could. Was it going to fix the low pressure issue? No, but again, because they could, they did it. (That's GREAT service.) They checked for a out-of-round tire, just in case, nope. They inflated all 4 to 45 and put them back on. Actually, when they told me what they did, they sounded disappointed they didn't really find anything to fix. (Wow!!).

So, we're done and they pull my S around and plug it in for a little juice while we are doing 5 minutes of paperwork and talking Tesla 10 minutes. The tech that pulled it around, and plugged it in, came in and told the service advisor that 'water came out of the charge port when the door opened". I'd seen this a couple of times at home, and just dismissed this. The service advisor asked me to wait one. He goes back to parts and comes back in two minutes, and says. Do you have 1 hour more that we can keep you? We have the part, we want to replace your charge port assembly, its not suppose to retain water. It's not a hazard, but we want to do this. HECK YEAH, take 61 minutes if you need it. I have the time. There's no hurry. They offered a loaner. I don't want to take a loaner if I can leave it for someone that might need it, so okay, I wait. Great place for a nap anyway. One hour later, they are done and 5 minutes of paperwork and I am gone.

Think about all this for a minute. THEY found an issue. I didn't report it. THEY told me about it. (They didn't have to do that.) THEY said, it would be okay, but THEY wanted the peace of mind that I was not leaving with a bad port door assembly.) THEY offered me a loaner so I could go, while they did the work. THEY didn't want me to take my car with a part that THEY considered to be faulty. I didn't have to beg, plead, argue or threaten them to replace it. THEY wanted to do it. GOSH, I LOVE THESE FOLKS ! But wait, this is the CA crew, not the Honolulu crew. How? Its in the water and pineapple ice tea. The Tesla Aloha work ethic has already rubbed off on this CA crew. They are great.

I wish they were paving our roads, patching our potholes and managing the building of our elevated rail system. I am convinced they could do a better job than those that are currently supposed to be doing those jobs.

Thank you folks at the Honolulu Service Center. And this is why we continue to brag about our Honolulu crew.

I will jump in on this topic, couldn't agree more with Akikiki, coming up on 3 years to know the staff, they have always gone above and way beyond to make sure I have been taken care of, but in Akikiki statement above, it proves, it is the Tesla environment!, their company culture. think about it this way, they are from cali, their working in HAWAII.... yes, they need to be at work.... but their in HAWAII ...things to see, places to go, mind wonders...I am rather be..... but they choose to be dedicated Tesla employees and do it the right way, the Tesla way.

Brought my car in for service yesterday because of a few alerts that came up. They are using Lyft now if people need rides and aren't getting a loaner. My Lyft driver parked on the wrong side of the parking lot so I couldn't see him from the lounge and when we told him to go around the fence (after he complained he had been waiting), he called me and said he waited for 5 minutes so was cancelling the ride!
Don't ever use Isaac with the Red Honda Insight...so rude! He was at the wrong address! Tesla complained. LOL

Then 2nd lyft was a Chevy Bolt! Was actually excited to ride in one but they ended up finding me a loaner car instead :)

Reactions: StephenM
Hmm, upgraded from a Honda Insight to a Bolt is like an old contest I won - 2nd. First prize was a week in New Yorc City. Second prize was two weeks.

I'm from Alabama, where people that came to 'Bama from New Yorc City were called Northerners. And people that moved from New Yorc City to the South were called Damn Yankees.

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
Brought my car in for service yesterday because of a few alerts that came up. They are using Lyft now if people need rides and aren't getting a loaner. My Lyft driver parked on the wrong side of the parking lot so I couldn't see him from the lounge and when we told him to go around the fence (after he complained he had been waiting), he called me and said he waited for 5 minutes so was cancelling the ride!
Don't ever use Isaac with the Red Honda Insight...so rude! He was at the wrong address! Tesla complained. LOL

Then 2nd lyft was a Chevy Bolt! Was actually excited to ride in one but they ended up finding me a loaner car instead :)
same thing happened to me. I waited and waited. Can't they see the big letters that spell T E S L A and the parking lot?

I finally had a "bad":( service center experience. they wiped down my center display with a dirty rag:oops: and left a noticeable film. especially when the sun hits at an angle. We need to whip these new service center employees into shape.;)

Last edited:
Great Thread
I have one of 5 CPO MS on Oahu (Model S P85+!) and my experience with the Service Guys is Great. They are very responsive to your needs and issues. Since getting my CPO this year in February, Ive had to take my car in for cosmetic issues and battery issues but every time it has been very pain free. My loaner cars have been all MS hopefully I can get one with FSD one day haha. Right now my car is in service for replacement clear bra vinyl wrap that came with my Model S. Working out if I can change the whole bumper wrap. We are working on it.

Great Thread
I have one of 5 CPO MS on Oahu (Model S P85+!) and my experience with the Service Guys is Great. They are very responsive to your needs and issues. Since getting my CPO this year in February, Ive had to take my car in for cosmetic issues and battery issues but every time it has been very pain free. My loaner cars have been all MS hopefully I can get one with FSD one day haha. Right now my car is in service for replacement clear bra vinyl wrap that came with my Model S. Working out if I can change the whole bumper wrap. We are working on it.

If the service center can't do the clear wrap, try Jun's Tinting. He's done work for several TMC members here in Hawaii, including myself, and comes very highly recommended (from me). Only thing is he's mobile, so best if you have an enclosed garage he can work in.

Is the Sevice Center a completely separate operation from the Delivery Center? I hope so. I was a little disappointed in the delivery experience. Had a minor cosmetic issue with my M3 weather stripping and headliner, that they said they’d follow up with me on, but I haven’t heard anything and they’re not responding to my emails.

6F8729D7-176C-459C-BC6A-9CCFB73A33F9.jpeg

If I call the service center, am I going to get the same people as the delivery center?

Is the Sevice Center a completely separate operation from the Delivery Center? I hope so. I was a little disappointed in the delivery experience. Had a minor cosmetic issue with my M3 weather stripping and headliner, that they said they’d follow up with me on, but I haven’t heard anything and they’re not responding to my emails.

View attachment 293375

If I call the service center, am I going to get the same people as the delivery center?

Try setting an appt with service instead. There have been issues with delivery center in the past and am not surprised if there still are growing pains especially considering how swamped they are with so many Model 3 and S/X deliveries.

Reactions: fseir