Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed 100% about the 22PLE making cleaning much quicker. Also makes drying much faster too since less water remains on the vehicle. I actually blow-dry Selene with a high-intensity blower so I don't have to wipe her dry--lowering the risk of introducing more swirls. I only have to touch-up dry a few spots and even then I use a Meguiar's product that reduces friction of the microfiber towel.

Agreed 100% about the 22PLE making cleaning much quicker. Also makes drying much faster too since less water remains on the vehicle. I actually blow-dry Selene with a high-intensity blower so I don't have to wipe her dry--lowering the risk of introducing more swirls. I only have to touch-up dry a few spots and even then I use a Meguiar's product that reduces friction of the microfiber towel.

WeazL I'm thinking about getting a blower, what do you use?

hey! am now motivated to wash my car this weekend! I must admit though that the 22PLE on the car and rims makes it much easier to clean!

Grumble, grumble, I'm playing catch-up to Nanimac again. Glare is excellent, but 22PLE sound like it's even better. Nanimac was always one week ahead of me in the order process for our cars until the time for shipping to Hawaii arrived, when I sent a few Russian secret agents over to California, tasked with slowing down her delivery by a couple weeks. Oops, I suppose I shouldn't have admitted that.

WeazL I'm thinking about getting a blower, what do you use?

Here are the lessons I've learned so nobody makes the same mistake I did:

I originally purchased a powerful Stihl backpack blower for its high velocity and I figured I could use it for my yard as well...a win/win. However, (here's an important lesson), be advised that gas blowers, as powerful as they are don't just blow air. Somehow, tiny particles of fuel/oil were mixing with the air inside the machine, and I was getting oil spotting on my paint. :scared:

So, with that lesson learned the hard way, I switched to an electric blower from Sears (which is actually cheaper than the Stihl). It's a two speed, of which I use the highest setting @ 235mph. In addition, it's nice that its tip is somewhat flat, which creates a nice flat blade of air which helps to expel the water from the vehicle quicker.

I've found that it's pretty quick...start from the top and work down, I usually go from back to front following the contours of the car. Afterwards, I followup with a quick pass of a microfiber where necessary on any tiny droplets remaining in a few areas.

Now, so long as your car is kept waxed or has a coating like 22PLE on it (or something similar), the blower should work really well. However, it doesn't work well without a waxed/coated surface to allow the water to bead and run. I tried this on my Civic Hybrid the other day which I've neglected to wax in about a year and the blower was useless.

I have found that it makes drying the tires and wheels REALLY FAST...about 4 seconds each!!! This alone may have convinced me to buy this if I was on the fence. No more spinning water up onto the body after you just washed the car! No more waiting for the tires to dry before applying dressing.

If you want to come over someday to give it a test try and see how I use it before you buy one, let me know. I'd be happy to show you the details I've learned to make it more efficient. Pics of the one I use are below:

IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_8217.jpg

Took my MS in for service this afternoon for a tire rotation and to catch up on the service bulletins, including the latest for the titanium shield add on for the undercarriage. I'm super impressed with the improvements and renovations they made. I took a few pictures of the new "sales" area. Really nice!

Can you guys believe that this is the service loaner?!? Almost made me wish that they had a major problem installing the new shields so that I would have to take the loaner home for the night!
IMG_20140331_122239.jpg

IMG_20140331_122325.jpg

It was a trade-in for a MS. Apparently the previous owner was a bit elderly, so the MS was just easier for him to use.

Spoke with the new service concierge. She mentioned the design studio equipment is coming in soon and will be installed along the back wall.
IMG_20140331_122250.jpg
IMG_20140331_122255.jpg
IMG_20140331_122304.jpg

They have a really nice comfortable waiting area. I was able to get a lot of work done while I waited. Free wifi available, along with coffee, soda, water and snacks. Check out the chocolates I found!

IMG_20140331_161354.jpg

Overall, another excellent experience with Luke and the team here. They have a detailer on staff now too. There's a limited selection of logo items available, with more on the way soon.

Wow Gmtom! I didn't know they were using that as a loaner! I definitely have to schedule a day where I need to do a lot of work to the car so I can drive it :love:
From a CRX to MR2-turbo to S2000 I've always liked my smaller sportier cars. Though it's too impractical for me now, I would love to have it for a day or two ;)
I've already seen the service center since the change, but these are really great pics of it. Thanks for sharing.
I'm surprised they're going to put the design studio here too. I thought they might put a real showroom in Ala Moana center or somewhere in Waikiki to get the international exposure. This space in Waipio is not going to get very much international exposure and very limited local traffic. Oh well. Hopefully it's just a stop-gap measure until they can get a better location for a showroom.

I found out after I dropped off my blue loaner P85 with pkg sensors and auto folding mirrors :) that I could've had the roadster as my loaner!! last time I sat in it, it wasn't a loaner yet so I figured the same today...trying to find something wrong with my car so I can go back..lol

BTW..they got their sales license last week so can now give test drives.....also, Rick the detailer did an awesome job on the comp car wash..I might have him do a full detail once the rainy weather stops.

I had an appointment this morning to have the new underbody plate installed. The SC guys were literally standing at the door waiting for me as I pulled up on time. I've never been to a auto repair/dealership service dept before where they were ready and waiting on me. Thirty-five minutes later they were finished with the underbody plate installation. I had been told to expect that it would take just under 90 minutes. But they explained, "with three techs on the job we can get it done in less than half the time". They are simply amazing at the SC.

My Tessie Too was updated to 5.9 too. I was a little disappointed that my understanding from TM's forum was incorrect. Just like Stephen pointed out, Rdio the music service is not for the U.S.

These days when you take your MS infor work, you will get a free car wash and cleaning inside after the finish the work. They treat everyone like royalty. I am not used to that. It almost makes me feel embarassed to receive treatment this great.

Susan the Sales Advocate will be taking appointments for Saturday test drives soon. It does not appear that the rest of the service dept will be available, But if you know someone that wants a test drive and can't get away Mon-Fri, you should recommend they call the SC for a Sat test drive.

It just keeps getting better and better.

I got to feel like Nanimac for a day, driving around a blue Model S :)
another great experience. I called for a relatively minor problem and they offered to valet. I told them I could drive in but they said they didn't know what time the loaner would be in and said it would be better than waiting at the service center for an indefinite amount of time. This was actually a huge inconvenience for them since they have 2 employees drive to your location, but a huge convenience for me. They dropped off the beautiful blue P85 and drove mine off. World class service. Akikiki is right. It's just getting better and better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
another great experience. I called for a relatively minor problem and they offered to valet. I told them I could drive in but they said they didn't know what time the loaner would be in and said it would be better than waiting at the service center for an indefinite amount of time. This was actually a huge inconvenience for them since they have 2 employees drive to your location, but a huge convenience for me. They dropped off the beautiful blue P85 and drove mine off. World class service. Akikiki is right. It's just getting better and better.

You work at Yama's?!?! Love the hawaiian plate! I smell a pit stop for the next meet-up/drive!

hope you treated my future car well :tongue: am always tempted to upgrade to a P85 after I drive one!

they also offered to drive me to work and pick me up but of course I'll take any chance I get to drive a P85..they even offered to drive to town to switch out the cars when the service was done...am sooooo not used to this level of service.. We are definitely spoiled! Hopefully, this type of service is still available once Tesla is available to the masses with the model E.