Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "E" owners will need their own SC. This is OURS!!

nanimac, why don't you trade up to the blue P85? After all its got the folding mirrors and parking sensors. Both of which dsmith wants. You should trade to the P85 just to make him jealous. :)

what do you say to that old dsmith (bok, bok) (don't be talking about my chicken!)

nanimac, why don't you trade up to the blue P85? After all its got the folding mirrors and parking sensors. Both of which dsmith wants. You should trade to the P85 just to make him jealous. :)

what do you say to that old dsmith (bok, bok) (don't be talking about my chicken!)
Ran into Nanimac while walking downtown the other day. She somehow looked different. she had a fire in her eyes that just wasn't there before.:biggrin: then she explained that she had the blue P85+ loaner. aaah!
I understand that she is close to ordering a P85+ to drive on her next trip the mainland.:love:

You work at Yama's?!?! Love the hawaiian plate! I smell a pit stop for the next meet-up/drive!

I don't work there. Was just getting dinner and had a good opportunity to snap a shot before it got too dark, lol!

nanimac, I know you had used this as a loaner previously and was gentle with her since I know you will eventually trade for it :wink:

Lol..I told the SC guys that I was driving straight home and that they could keep my 40...I don't understand why they thought I was joking?!

I don't work there. Was just getting dinner and had a good opportunity to snap a shot before it got too dark, lol!

nanimac, I know you had used this as a loaner previously and was gentle with her since I know you will eventually trade for it :wink:

Darn - I love the food there!

I think the SC crew definitely gets a thumbs up. They offered to come get my car from downtown and bring it back when pau last week. I would have taken them up on it if I didn't have to go out to UH West Oahu for an appointment that evening, and I wanted to check out the new improvements at the SC. I enjoyed the 4 hours I was there even though they finished the work on it in about 2 hours. I got a lot of work done while I waited - good uninterrupted time in a nice environment.

So update to my experience, Luke had asked me what time would work best for me to get my car back. I told him 3 p.m. and he thought that could be done. I was under the impression that they had gotten their license and could do safety checks so I mentioned that as of April 1st mine was expired, and I asked if they could also perform a safety check. Luke said they had not gotten their license yet, but that they would run down to the nearby Shell gas station and get it done for me after they finished the updates on my car. They ended up running late because the download for my firmware was going slowly (and I had asked for the car wash which they probably had not done yet). It did come late because of this, but I was updated via text about the progress and the ETA.
Luke let me know today that the safety check was on Tesla for delivering the car later than promised. This was unnecessary but definitely appreciated. Wow!
I also noticed that they had replaced my key fob without me asking them to (the top was starting to form line creases from underneath where the buttons are). YMMV with regards to the level of service you receive from them, but I've just been continually impressed. The bar is almost set too high. I'm going to order these guys a few pizzas and have it delivered to the service center.

A friend of mine did the Space X tour today since her bro-in-law works there (am soooo jealous!)...she said they totally take care of their employees...free food, house music in the lounge (lol), etc. I'm sure Tesla employees are treated just as well...happy employees = great service = happy customers :)

I got called by Jimmy at the SC today while I was still in Las Vegas. The repairs are done and the insurance check has been written. I just need to write the deductible check. He wanted to know if I wanted the car delivered to me or if I was going to pick it up. We arranged for the car to be delivered to me at work on Monday. Very cool.

I got called by Jimmy at the SC today while I was still in Las Vegas. The repairs are done and the insurance check has been written. I just need to write the deductible check. He wanted to know if I wanted the car delivered to me or if I was going to pick it up. We arranged for the car to be delivered to me at work on Monday. Very cool.

Why not have them deliver it to Las Vegas for you:confused:

Agreed re: SC customer service. These guys (and gal) know how to treat customers. No wonder the stealerships are scared to death of Tesla.

I feel guilty for not bringing them Coco Puffs or something when I brought my car in for service. I'll have to set a reminder for next time.

Another five star rating for the folks at our SC. Took my car in 4/7 for the titanium under body retrofit which they did in a flash while I waited then washed my car including the wheels in a jiff. Luke took the time to show me 5.9 in their test drive car which he said would be rolling out to everyone soon. Really looking forward to the hill hold feature. I highly recommend everyone who is interested get the retrofitted under body titanium battering ram. It's free and it takes them less than an hour to install then wash your car. We are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic SC.

Another five star rating for the folks at our SC. Took my car in 4/7 for the titanium under body retrofit which they did in a flash while I waited then washed my car including the wheels in a jiff. Luke took the time to show me 5.9 in their test drive car which he said would be rolling out to everyone soon. Really looking forward to the hill hold feature. I highly recommend everyone who is interested get the retrofitted under body titanium battering ram. It's free and it takes them less than an hour to install then wash your car. We are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic SC.

Hey ddruz, did they ever fix all the creaks and rattles in your car? I noticed one on my passenger side dash when I go over bumpy roads...thinking of bringing it in.

I am coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my MS. What a ride so far! Anyway, I was sitting in the Autoline at my kids' school and noticed that my odometer was reading 9,999. I called Tesla service to arrange for my annual check up. My wiper blades need replacing and I will need a safety check. Well, got called today by Jimmy at the SC and they are getting me in on this Friday. Cool. They offered me a loaner, either the Roadster or the MS. I told him the MS but my wife wanted the Roadster. Hard to make a hard decision like that!

I drove the red roadster once. It will make you appreciate your MS all the more--seriously. You'll also see just how far Tesla has come from their first car to their second...which is a looooooong way. Impressive actually.

I drove the red roadster once. It will make you appreciate your MS all the more--seriously. You'll also see just how far Tesla has come from their first car to their second...which is a looooooong way. Impressive actually.

Completely agree with WeazL...I cannot imagine paying $130K for a roadster considering the quality of the car compared against the S. Thanks to them for paving the way for a much better car. It's a really nice looking car though...not sure if your wife will enjoy the ride....pretty rough

Yeah, I was surprised when Luke told me they use the roadster as a loaner. I don't know what I would do if given the choice between the roadster and the P85 loaner - probably the roadster since that's a more rare experience, assuming it was only a day.

I missed my race prepped S2000 from my SCCA days, so one day with the Roadster was a thrill for me. I certainly wouldn't trade my MS for it, but I would LOVE to be able to drive it from time to time :)
Fair warning, it's tough on the spine.