Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the SC a few days ago, checking out the red Model X in the showroom and a new guy named Sam offered to give me a test drive in an X. The X they use for test drives is a different one than the showroom red one. Sam seemed very willing to set up a test drive. Any of you could call the SC and set one up. I just didn't have the two hours to wait for an opening that day.

Reactions: nanimac
3 years ago today, my Tesla journey started....it's been great watching the Tesla community grow here...here's a throwback pic to when the SC was one warehouse and 3 employees...amazing how things have changed! image.jpeg

Reactions: Papafox and spleen
I visited the SC on Monday to replace a headlight and check on a service warning message. The lot, service area, vehicle prep/wash and street out front were full of new vehicles. There were probably at least 6 new Xs that were still wrapped from shipping, including two MX 75Ds and a handful of MS' The awesome staff said a bunch of new vehicles have arrived in the last several days. Jimmy even mentioned they have an offsite storage lot where they are keeping trade-in vehicles and the loaners because they have so much on hand.

It will be nice once they move into Kakaako into the much larger facility. It's awfully cramped in their current location and they definitely have outgrown it. No one really seems to know much about the timeline for moving into town.

I was at the SC a few days ago, checking out the red Model X in the showroom and a new guy named Sam offered to give me a test drive in an X. The X they use for test drives is a different one than the showroom red one. Sam seemed very willing to set up a test drive. Any of you could call the SC and set one up. I just didn't have the two hours to wait for an opening that day.

Sam is my OA. He's awesome!

Jeff

I found this on my screen. According to Jimmy, it may be the screen delaminating. It is not common but they have seen it. The Service Center is in the process of moving so they are going to replace the screen in a couple of weeks. View attachment 209258 View attachment 209259

My screen has the same problem. I reported it to them the first time about 8 months ago, and they said that they didn't have any screens and would advise me when more come in so they could replace. I didn't get a call back and it is just a minor cosmetic nuisance rather than a functional problem so I didn't follow up right away. I called for a separate problem relating to my "Tire pressure system needs maintenance" message popping up sometime in November and reminded them about the screen problem. They didn't seem to have anything in their reports about it and apologized, saying they will check on availability again and get back to me for a service appointment on the same day. Got no call back. Mid-December I started to hear whirring sounds coming out from behind the dash/center console and called service again. They said it's likely the cooling fans for the touch screen, and that it requires replacing the entire module as the fans don't come off separately. I've also been advised that I am now out of warranty as I'm sitting at 58k miles. I'm a bit worried because after looking on these forums I've seen that replacement of the center screen and accompanying hardware behind it runs $4100 and with labor comes out to $5k. I don't know if I was under 50k miles when I called the first time, but this could be a very expensive mistake on my part for not following up with them sooner. I'll update with the results after I take my car to service on the 10th of January. Wish me luck!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I found this on my screen. According to Jimmy, it may be the screen delaminating. It is not common but they have seen it. The Service Center is in the process of moving so they are going to replace the screen in a couple of weeks. View attachment 209258 View attachment 209259

My screen has the same problem. I reported it to them the first time about 8 months ago, and they said that they didn't have any screens and would advise me when more come in so they could replace. I didn't get a call back and it is just a minor cosmetic nuisance rather than a functional problem so I didn't follow up right away. I called for a separate problem relating to my "Tire pressure system needs maintenance" message popping up sometime in November and reminded them about the screen problem. They didn't seem to have anything in their reports about it and apologized, saying they will check on availability again and get back to me for a service appointment on the same day. Got no call back. Mid-December I started to hear whirring sounds coming out from behind the dash/center console and called service again. They said it's likely the cooling fans for the touch screen, and that it requires replacing the entire module as the fans don't come off separately. I've also been advised that I am now out of warranty as I'm sitting at 58k miles. I'm a bit worried because after looking on these forums I've seen that replacement of the center screen and accompanying hardware behind it runs $4100 and with labor comes out to $5k. I don't know if I was under 50k miles when I called the first time, but this could be a very expensive mistake on my part for not following up with them sooner. I'll update with the results after I take my car to service on the 10th of January. Wish me luck!

ugh, hope they take care of both of you. :(

I think I was one of the first to see this in Hawaii. although my screen was not as extreme as this example they replaced it under warranty.

Reactions: Akikiki
I think I was one of the first to see this in Hawaii. although my screen was not as extreme as this example they replaced it under warranty.
yeah, wasn't that more than two years ago? And since StephenM's car got here just a little after yours, and tko's got here a few months later, those center consoles could have come from one of the first batches that Tesla bought for installation about 4 years ago. dsmith and StephenM your center console screens could have come from the same batch.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
yeah, wasn't that more than two years ago? And since StephenM's car got here just a little after yours, and tko's got here a few months later, those center consoles could have come from one of the first batches that Tesla bought for installation about 4 years ago. dsmith and StephenM your center console screens could have come from the same batch.

Mine may have taken longer to de-laminate because I usually had my car in covered parking (home and work). My latest job only has parking on the top floor for employees which is in the sun. Been parking that way for the last 4 months and maybe the heat is making it worse. Just a theory.

Yes, it is huge. I was down there on 1 Jan walking around. I paced the distance off from the front along the left alley to the rear of the facility. It was 310 paces. That's about 300 feet at least. Its about 50 feet or so wide. Its an amazing place for service. There's a separate room for deliveries right next to "our own" customer lounge. Here's a couple of pictures.

Service Center front.
SC Front 1.JPG

Service Center next to UFC Gym

SC Front 2.JPG

After hours service drop off box, (right next to the front door)

SC Service Drop Off.JPG

Delivery Bay (roll up garage door on the left side)

Delivery Space.JPG

Customer Lounge area - next to delivery bay
Customer Lounge.JPG

Destination Chargers (4) on the far right side of the front - behind the chain linked fence locked after hours
SC Tesla Charger 2.JPG

I was by today and talked to the staff. I asked and was told that during the time the Service Center is open/the gate in front is open, owners also can use the Destination chargers on the right front side of the building. The Service Center is going to be opened from 8 to 5 p.m. This is going to help those folks that in the Kaka'ako area that have been using public chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: StephenM