Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hawaii (location speculation, general discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you are but people look at it as click bait! You seem to be posting for the sake of posting. Its certainly OK tp peruse other areas but to post all the time is not good forum etiquette. Try posting just once in a while on out of market areas. People will respect you more that way.
Seems like this guy has legit interest in M3 and supercharger talk. A little weird that he comments all over the world, but I think he's just a Tesla freak like the rest of us and can't get enough on the internet to satisfy himself
(And now I just contributed to useless commenting.damn.)

I was near the airport at that airport center where Big Kahuna's is and saw the "freewire" charging stalls. Looked kind of sketchy. Didn't use it, wanted to research it a little. The App only has 3 reviews that I can't access (not in my language apparently). It looks like they have generators as part of the system- the app advertised off grid charging.
Any thoughts or users?

The chargers look as if they’re connected to the building. To be honest, I’ve never seen any type of charger that looks like a supply cart. These would never survive up in Canada, probably why I’ve never seen one in my life! (Photo from PlugShare)
235C7AD8-AF29-44F2-AEA5-D8DE3B3540CE.jpeg

I was near the airport at that airport center where Big Kahuna's is and saw the "freewire" charging stalls. Looked kind of sketchy. Didn't use it, wanted to research it a little. The App only has 3 reviews that I can't access (not in my language apparently). It looks like they have generators as part of the system- the app advertised off grid charging.
Any thoughts or users?

I think those chargers have been for years but I’ve never tried them. They looked weird to me too.

I think I saw a post on tmc a few years ago with a similar setup. the chargers were portable so they could be used at multiple spots and then moved back to the "base" to recharge them. a bit foggy on the details (I wasn't able to find the old post)

I was eating lunch across the street and saw a supercharger under construction here: Google Maps There is a big solar panel array going in but one of the techs told me they were also installing superchargers, and that is sure how it looked to me.
Well, you got our attention. But where were you when you saw this construction? We will go by and check. We keep an ear pretty close to the ground here and we have not heard of installation starting at a location even close to this site.

Well, you got our attention. But where were you when you saw this construction? We will go by and check. We keep an ear pretty close to the ground here and we have not heard of installation starting at a location even close to this site.
I was eating at the sandwich shop across the street from the old elementary school around March 1. There was a big solar array going up in the northwest corner but it looked like they were installing superchargers right next to it. The tech working on site confirmed that but he may not know what he is talking about. Please do go by and check it out, I'd like to know - I'm trying to convince my sister in law to buy an M3 and she lives just up the rise. This would seal the deal, I think!