Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hawaii (location speculation, general discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Kapolei HECO is installing a fast charger that is wrapped in a tarp that says Tesla energy. Is it possible this charger will also have a tesla plug?

Attachments

• 20191224_221933.jpg
    20191224_221933.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
In Kapolei HECO is installing a fast charger that is wrapped in a tarp that says Tesla energy. Is it possible this charger will also have a tesla plug?
I’ve checked up on that. I dont think it’s a Tesla charger, but I think it’s wrapped by a Tesla tarp because it may be powered by a Tesla Energy PowerPack.

Nothing new to report on the permit front. I searched the remainder of year 2019 permits in the Honolulu database, but nothing turned up. Additionally, I did a search of all of 2018, but nothing showed up there (aside from HECO building a few of their own chargers and some 3rd-party chargers being built at Ala Moana).

I'll be running weekly searches from here onward and will report anything that turns up!

Those locations have been on there since 2017. Maybe 2020 will be the year of the supercharger in Hawaii!;)
I live in a high rise and wrote a letter to the association asking to install a 240v plug or charger or at the least a 110 outlet designated for EV cars .I offered to pay for materilas and labor and still haven't gotten a response.It's been over 6 months and I'm upset they use so much power lighting up all these xmas lights and ornaments yet I can't plug in my vehicle yet there's 110 plugs at various locations. I think I'll just plug in and wait for them to respond to it which will take about :30 minutes or less lol

I live in a high rise and wrote a letter to the association asking to install a 240v plug or charger or at the least a 110 outlet designated for EV cars .I offered to pay for materilas and labor and still haven't gotten a response.It's been over 6 months and I'm upset they use so much power lighting up all these xmas lights and ornaments yet I can't plug in my vehicle yet there's 110 plugs at various locations. I think I'll just plug in and wait for them to respond to it which will take about :30 minutes or less lol

I had the same issues with my HOA so ended up charging exclusively at public chargers, the Chademo adapter is expensive but helps.

I just wrote another program to scan the Maui permit database, so now I can watch both Honolulu and Maui counties every week for new permits related to Tesla and EV charging.

There are 3 permits for multi-stall Tesla HPWC or destination charging in Maui county in the year 2019, but no superchargers (yet):
Four Seasons Koele - North lot
Four Seasons Koele - South lot
Four Seasons Manele

Big Island posts an Excel spreadsheet every month with the past month's permits. I took a quick look by hand and didn't find anything supercharger-related for year 2019, but perhaps someone else wants to keep an eye on that.
Hawaii Public Records
Public Works > Building Division > Permits Issued

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9 and nanimac