Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. What is the PowerPro?

Actually is Power Magic Pro is a supplement electrical box that manages your 12v connection when the car's power is turned off. Its sort of a layer between the car and the Blackvue. Its primary purpose is to prevent the Blackvue from draining the car's 12v battery. Since our car has the big battery as a backup to replace juice on the 12v battery, we don't need to install the Power Pro with the Blackvue.

Actually is Power Magic Pro is a supplement electrical box that manages your 12v connection when the car's power is turned off. Its sort of a layer between the car and the Blackvue. Its primary purpose is to prevent the Blackvue from draining the car's 12v battery. Since our car has the big battery as a backup to replace juice on the 12v battery, we don't need to install the Power Pro with the Blackvue.
Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying.

Akikiki, When I was in West Hollywood, the folks there contacted Tesla regarding how electricity flows from the 400 volt battery to the 33 amp-hr 12 volt battery. We learned that the 12 volt battery only charges when someone is seated in the driver's seat. Thus, it is possible to run the 12 volt battery down. If the 12 volt battery runs all the way down, you cannot unlock the vehicle and need to jump the battery through the two connectors behind the nose cone in order to regain any response from vehicle. For this reason, I will carry a jumper battery in the tent, just in case I screw up and run the 12 volt battery all the way down. I also will be taking a deep-cycle 12 volt battery with me on the trip to power the fridge when in prolonged periods of time away from the vehicle.

Last edited:
Here is what it looks like at night. Very cool!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1437292763.149802.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1437292763.149802.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 124
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1437292774.428096.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1437292774.428096.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 113
Wow, I finally did it. I put the lighted rear T. It was not fun putting back the bottom panel. Had to have my kids help me. And for some reason, it took me a while to get the light to come on with the DRL.

Next stop, the front camera.

Just be careful who you let help you. I let Aikikiki help me and it didn't turn out well... (and I'm the one who just tried to pour a glass of OJ with the cap still on the bottle.:redface:)

and if anyone needs the "OK to unplug/Do not unplug while charging" plug hangars. I picked up a few extra at TMC connect. courtesy of EVAnnex.
EV Plug0002.jpg

Last edited:
Just be careful who you let help you. I let Aikikiki help me and it didn't turn out well... (and I'm the one who just tried to pour a glass of OJ with the cap still on the bottle.:redface:)

and if anyone needs the "OK to unplug/Do not unplug while charging" plug hangars. I picked up a few extra at TMC connect. courtesy of EVAnnex.
View attachment 87900

Thanks for the information. I'll take a hanger tag.

You guys know me. I like to tinker and improve things. I spend time researching and learning about things online. Well, I found out information about 3D printing a center console and thought I could design one. I used TinkerCAD to design one that I liked. Then, I used 3DHubs to look for a 3D printer in Hawaii. Fortunately, I was fortunate to find someone who was willing to work with me. He did a great job. If you want the information, I can PM you. Anyway, here is the finished product. FYI. The red Tesla logo tiles I had printed at the UPS Store in Kahala. Cost me $5 for those.
20160128_072234.jpg
20160128_072250.jpg

Attachments

• 20160128_072234.jpg
    20160128_072234.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160128_072250 (1).jpg
    20160128_072250 (1).jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 65
Aloha all. Its been awhile been very busy at the shop. Hope all is well. [Mod note: edited to remove indirect ad] My posting today is to get everybody's feed back on a protective film made especially made for the Tesla S screen. They call it GlareShield. Has anyone used it yet? Does it live up to their specs?

üLaser cut to fit 17” touchscreen display
üFingerprint reduction by up to 80%
üGlare reduction by 30%
üBlue light reduction by 35% / Reduce eye strain
üImpact protection / Scratch resistant
üRetain optimal touchscreen sensitivity
üSilicone adhesive / Dry application
ü8 mils thick

Thanks for your input

Last edited by a moderator: