Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the controller after the "T" had shipped. I received the controller, but my "T" went MIA.
- - - Updated - - -
stopped by IC supply today and purchased 10 ft of 22 ga wire (.11/ft), mini-connectors and a 10 pack of (19 thru 26 awg) taps . (I couldn't find the posi-taps)

The Posi-Tap I got from Amazon has two. You can use the other one I have. Just PM me if you want it.

Sorry, but reposting. I got the lighted T installed with a hook up to my headlights. It looks so cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 239
dsmith2189, did you install your lighted T? Do you still need the Posi-Tap?

I am going to install the LED lights in my trunk, as outlined in Teslatap.

I don't think I will need the positap for a while. ...and I may tap power from a switched source in the fuse box (Power steering fuse). Undecided.

that being said, I haven't had time to install the "T" yet. I've been busy with trying to get my motorcycle inspected and registration renewed before the end of the month.
I dropped it off last Saturday at the same inspection place as last year, and the year before... and it's still not done. It seems that I have to totally modify my Motorcycles rear end lighting to meet the "New" Hawaii inspection regulations. I thought it was just a sticker change but evidently the ink on the fine print hasn't dried yet. the Brake/Turn/Running light setup I have had for the last 13 years is not good enough.
Oh.. also my horn was broke and needed replacing.

I don't think I will need the positap for a while. ...and I may tap power from a switched source in the fuse box (Power steering fuse). Undecided.

that being said, I haven't had time to install the "T" yet. I've been busy with trying to get my motorcycle inspected and registration renewed before the end of the month.
I dropped it off last Saturday at the same inspection place as last year, and the year before... and it's still not done. It seems that I have to totally modify my Motorcycles rear end lighting to meet the "New" Hawaii inspection regulations. I thought it was just a sticker change but evidently the ink on the fine print hasn't dried yet. the Brake/Turn/Running light setup I have had for the last 13 years is not good enough.
Oh.. also my horn was broke and needed replacing.

No problem. If you use the Oznium controller, don't forget to waterproof it.

I got a couple of PMs about the fob.
I think this flew under the radar for a lot of people. I just happened to notice it a few days ago.
History: way back in the beginning (last year) one of the topics discussed was the lack of a convenient way to open the charge port door when using the J1772 adapter.
with the Tesla chargers they come with a button that will open the charge port door without having to reach into the car and bring up a button on the 17" screen.

Here is the thread that discusses it.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=543524
(There is also a European version but it looks a little different)
Got my Charge port opener fob today (I ordered 2, got 1). it works great. I am thinking about how I am going to store it. I think I will Velcro it to my J1772 adapter so it will be handy when I need it. No more reaching into the center console screen to push a button.:wink:

I went by the SC today and let them check my car to see if she had the new wiring harness to accomodate the folding mirrors. It only took a few minutes. Yes, she did have the new harness. So we proceeded to install the folding outside mirrors. Great job, like they do everything else. My car's cool factor just pegged the meter again. So cool.

I velcro'd my Charge Port Fob to my UMC handle. Now, when I go out to the garage to plug Tessie Too into juice, I don't have to remember to take a car fob. I simply press the Charge Port Fob, it opens the door and also sets the car to ready for accepting the UMC. (Yes, the UMC button can open the door, but not activate the charge setting both.) The Charge Port Fob does both. So cool.

Also was updated to 5.10 :wink:

Last edited:
I went by the SC today and let them check my car to see if she had the new wiring harness to accomodate the folding mirrors. It only took a few minutes. Yes, she did have the new harness. So we proceeded to install the folding outside mirrors. Great job, like they do everything else. My car's cool factor just pegged the meter again. So cool.

I velcro'd my Charge Port Fob to my UMC handle. Now, when I go out to the garage to plug Tessie Too into juice, I don't have to remember to take a car fob. I simply press the Charge Port Fob, it opens the door and also sets the car to ready for accepting the UMC. (Yes, the UMC button can open the door, but not activate the charge setting both.) The Charge Port Fob does both. So cool.

Also was updated to 5.10 :wink:

How much to retrofit the power folding mirrors?

- - - Updated - - -

spleen asked me to post pictures of my trunk with the new LED. I put two 6 inch strips on the sides and one 12 inch in the middle, under the parcel shelf.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
How much to retrofit the power folding mirrors?

- - - Updated - - -

spleen asked me to post pictures of my trunk with the new LED. I put two 6 inch strips on the sides and one 12 inch in the middle, under the parcel shelf.

LED Lights look great. Nice job. How did you configure them so when you remove the parcel shelf, they disconnect?

The upgrade to the folding mirrors and new window switch was $1470, since the S had the newer harness already

LED Lights look great. Nice job. How did you configure them so when you remove the parcel shelf, they disconnect?

The upgrade to the folding mirrors and new window switch was $1470, since the S had the newer harness already

I bought the LED strips from Oznium, so they were prewired. There is a quick disconnect to the LED so it is easy to disconnect the strip when I remove the parcel shelf.

How long did it take to install the new folding mirror?

Time to install the new mirrors was about 90 minutes. I was in no rush and I told them to take their time. After they had the left door panel off to check the harness, their estimate to complete the work was 1 hour. Nice work. I have the old mirror and hope to sell them.

Would love to see all the latest mods on everyone's cars...lighted T...power folding mirrors, etc. Will set up a thread to plan a springtime meet up in April or May :)

I put the "hooks" on my J1772 adapter already. I just can't find the matching "Loops" that I put in a safe place:rolleyes:
Almost done with all the drama associated with my Indian MC. I hope to get to my lighted T this weekend after I go to the Auto Show.
For those that have done this.. does this picture look right?
remote-strobe-dimmer-wiring-diagram.jpg

Last edited: