Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thanks Got it...
I changed my picture...
remote-strobe-dimmer-wiring-diagram.jpg

For those waiting for the forward mounted camera and have a non standard license plate, like me. I was thinking about changing my plate mounting method.
I found a no-drill bracket at the Torklift Central web site (the ones who make the MS trailer hitch) that might serve as a suitable base for the camera:cool:
has anyone else here in Hawaii seen this in person? if so, would it be a good base for the camera?

http://shop.tlcentral.com/store/pc/The-Law-Tesla-Model-S-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-Stainless-Steel-p2183.htm
http://shop.tlcentral.com/store/pc/The-Law-Tesla-Model-S-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-Stainless-Steel-p2183.htm

Sorry, don't meant to hijack this thread, but just wanted to mention that if any of you are interested/waiting for the official center console insert, Luke mentioned yesterday that he heard there were problems with the initial production set and the new ETA is sometime in May. There are about 4,500 on the waitlist apparently.

Thanks to those who volunteered to test out the auto-lift kits for the parcel shelf--I have enough volunteers now. The feedback has been helpful in refining the final product. I think it's close to perfect now. Maybe a minor tweak or two and I'll begin offering them on the forum and web.

Looks like TM is shipping the replacement 14-50 adapters for our UMCs now. Got mine today.
Comes via FedEx with return label for the old one. Or we can drop the old one off at the SC. Think I will wait until the 3 May meet to drop my old one off at the SC versus their expense of sending it back via FedEx.

I appreciate that TM wants the best experience for us always and provides this sort of replacements without
a complaint or adverse action on our part. TM service is simply the BEST !!

Last edited:
After much thought, I decided to blackout part of my MS :cool:. I've been tinkering with the idea for a while now, and settled on only blacking out the rear chrome strip so that I could highlight the Tesla name more (chrome lettering on a chrome strip was not the best design IMHO).

The first attempt ended with a drip during the final (3rd) coat :scared:, so I had to strip it off and re-do it again :crying:. I am pleased with the results on the second attempt, which is one thick coat. The letters are red vinyl, from Roger on the forum.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg