Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way way back when the very first Model S specs were shown on the website in summer'12 until very early spring'13 (before the design studio was opened except to orders by invitation) the car was to have wifi internal. Simply saying it would be a hotspot for the car. But in spring and early summer when production ramped up the specs no longer stated this. And as far as we know those early cars built during this time did not have hopspot capability. A wifi connection to the car from a home or business router was not enabled until sometime in summer'13 as I recall.

I think we'll never see a wifi hotspot (generated from the car's cell connection). It would probably be cost prohibitive for TM to add without an upcharge to the owner, which becomes a logistical & customer service nightmare that TM probably doesn't want to deal with.

Spotify and/or Google Music integration (even without bonus/upgraded plans) would be awesome though. There's an awful lot of free screen space on the settings/apps page that would imply there's future possibilities....

On the flip side of the wifi/cell connection we might see the option when the cost of the service is pushed to the customer. Remember when Tesla started the 4 year clock on paying for our 3G? When that clock runs out will they let at&t bill us? At that time, the plan choices at&t gives us may allow us to enable internal wifi, if we are willing to pay for it.

Do you want an internal wifi connection enough to pay for it yourself?

Or how much are you willing to pay towards a cell connection/internal wifi service?

Yes, keeping busy. I browse more than I post right now, but work is beginning to slow down as summer creeps on. Summertime is traditionally slow, so I'll likely be more active. Hope all is well with you as well, Akikiki!