Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to see how the battery upgrades shake out, but at this point the move from 40 to 60 makes less sense each year as the price remains the same. Conversely, the cost of replacing the battery with an entirely new one will keep dropping. On Oahu, I see the 40kwh serving our needs for another 10 years and some really nice options will be available after that. I also like the talk about a million mile powertrain. We could find that these Model S cars are still going to be going strong 20 years from now (aluminum bodies, etc.). I think we're going to appreciate these cars more and more as the years go on.

I agree. Am going to keep my 70D for a long time. No need to upgrade for higher range and am very happy with all the hardware on the car now :smile: But that doesn't mean our household won't be getting any new Teslas in the near future...still working on convincing the hubby to get one too!

I agree. Am going to keep my 70D for a long time. No need to upgrade for higher range and am very happy with all the hardware on the car now :smile: But that doesn't mean our household won't be getting any new Teslas in the near future...still working on convincing the hubby to get one too!

Perhaps if they come out with a performance version of the Model 3

Perhaps if they come out with a performance version of the Model 3

P95-M3? Of course there's going to be performance versions of the 3. The sales model for the 3 has already been created by watching the MS.

There's all this excitement about a $35K M3, just like there was all that excitement about a $49K MS. How many people actually order the cheapest MS? Very few, very few. I have no doubt we will see a Model 3 Crossover, Sedan and a two door coupe. All these in Performance models. Then later the Roadster will be a two door roadster body on the 2 door Model 3 beefed up chassis.

Just like with the MS where people loaded it up with options and bigger battery, we will see the same thing occur with the Model 3. People will add options and packages and want the neat stuff we see on the MS and MX. We already hear people comparing the MS options to the MX options. Some people today can't decide between the MS and the MX. I believe that in 3 years (the M3 comes out in 2 years, right?), we will hear of people debating should that buy a loaded up Model 3, or just go ahead and order the loaded up Model S even though its just 20% larger. I believe the average price of the Model 3 that is ordered will not be $35K but $48-$52K.

P95-M3? Of course there's going to be performance versions of the 3. The sales model for the 3 has already been created by watching the MS.

There's all this excitement about a $35K M3, just like there was all that excitement about a $49K MS. How many people actually order the cheapest MS? Very few, very few. I have no doubt we will see a Model 3 Crossover, Sedan and a two door coupe. All these in Performance models. Then later the Roadster will be a two door roadster body on the 2 door Model 3 beefed up chassis.

Just like with the MS where people loaded it up with options and bigger battery, we will see the same thing occur with the Model 3. People will add options and packages and want the neat stuff we see on the MS and MX. We already hear people comparing the MS options to the MX options. Some people today can't decide between the MS and the MX. I believe that in 3 years (the M3 comes out in 2 years, right?), we will hear of people debating should that buy a loaded up Model 3, or just go ahead and order the loaded up Model S even though its just 20% larger. I believe the average price of the Model 3 that is ordered will not be $35K but $48-$52K.
I keep hearing about different M3 types, but without even seeing a single one I will just wait for the announcement and not speculate too much.
as far as the $35K M3 that is a given. whether people want the option with 4 wheels is another thing. with the battery advances and the reduced size (weight) I would expect 125+ range. but chances are most people will opt for more options that will move the price up to $60+.
at least we will see if all the people that say Teslas are too expensive and are waiting for the M3, bite at the $35K or open their wallet to add options. hard to say at this point.
of course the competition at the lower levels of EV adoption (Leaf, Bolt, etc...) will see if it is the price, the options or brand name make a difference in the end.

The arrival of Solar Impulse 2 is the reason I delayed my electric road trip. Soon after TMC Connect, I'll be on my way!
The plane made two passes overhead before landing. With a wingspan wider than a 747's and flying at only about 30 miles per hour, the plane gracefully crawled through the air.
Two female airline pilots I know presented the crew with leis and were amply rewarded for their efforts
Here's a panoramic shot I made during the press conference.
Was the wait for SI2's arrival worth the delay in beginning my mainland road trip? Yep ; )
papafox, do you know if the Solar Impulse 2 is going to be at the Pacific Aviation Museum August 16th. it might be be good PR...
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 4.45.37 PM.png

If they haven't heard about it maybe you can pass this along.

papafox, do you know if the Solar Impulse 2 is going to be at the Pacific Aviation Museum August 16th. it might be be good PR...

If they haven't heard about it maybe you can pass this along.

Dsmith, since the batteries are toast on the SI2, they'll likely need you to tow the SI2 with your Tesla like a automobile glider-launch as they remain several hundred feet above. There's this small issue of the overpasses on H-1, but maybe you can do some off-roading and jump the overpasses. You wouldn't have to drive all the way... once you get halfway through Pearl City they ought to be able to glide to Ford Island. The other plan would be to leave SI2 in the Hangar at Kalaeloa.

Dsmith, since the batteries are toast on the SI2, they'll likely need you to tow the SI2 with your Tesla like a automobile glider-launch as they remain several hundred feet above. There's this small issue of the overpasses on H-1, but maybe you can do some off-roading and jump the overpasses. You wouldn't have to drive all the way... once you get halfway through Pearl City they ought to be able to glide to Ford Island. The other plan would be to leave SI2 in the Hangar at Kalaeloa.

A bunch of us in submarine mode can give the SI2 a ride from Kalaeloa to Ford Island :biggrin:

I was thinking I could give them a running start from barbers point and let them glide to ford island.
Capture2.PNG

Hey What do you mean by
"your Tesla like a automobile "
Just because I don't have autopilot doesn't mean I don't have a real tesla:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.