Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that would be cool. Though I think that battery depletion is part of the reason they wouldn't want to do this. You could turn on your A/C,, flash the lights, honk the horn, all kinds of annoying things for the crew of the ship :wink:
As it is, I keep checking on my car as it's in for repair, checking to see that they're working on it since I can see that the door is open, or the frunk, or the trunk. Separation anxiety is a b*tch!

Papafox, Dag-nab-it, you are right about that old 3G service. I shoulda thought of that. But I've read on TM that it takes a month to deplete the battery. I don't believe a week on the boat will drain it. After all none of you folks would just sit and blow the horn and flash the lights all day, would you? You won't do that? Would you?

I just saw a commerical during Mad Men that was sponsored by NASDAQ and the star of the scene was a TELSA MODEL S. WOW

how did you know when it was being shipped and when it arrived?

Constant emails and phone calls. (I was also dealing with the end of 2012 rush to deliver which made it worse...)
you can also go to the matson web site to view the most recent reported location for their ships. (if you know which one it will be on)
You can expect at least 3 weeks from completion of maufacturing but don't panic until after 4...
in round numbers...
One week to wait for Transport to Oakland (from freemont on Tuesday)
One week Limbo waiting for someone to realize it is just sitting there
One week to wait for the next ship because no one realized it was there.
One week shipping from OAK to HNL. Departs on Thursday to Long Beach then to HNL Usually arrives Thursday night?
One-two days for delivery here

Last edited:
dsmith, Wow, you are so cold. So brutal to nanimac, papafox and hawaiiskibum, just puttin' it out there huh? Wow, laying it out there like that, why it makes it seem like a month or something after completion. Wow, I could not have done that to fellow owners. nanimac, papafox, hawaiiskibum can I have a ride in your new car, please?

Constant emails and phone calls. (I was also dealing with the end of 2012 rush to deliver which made it worse...)
you can also go to the matson web site to view the most recent reported location for their ships. (if you know which one it will be on)
You can expect at least 3 weeks from completion of maufacturing but don't panic until after 4...
in round numbers...
One week to wait for Transport to Oakland (from freemont on Tuesday)
One week Limbo waiting for someone to realize it is just sitting there
One week to wait for the next ship because no one realized it was there.
One week shipping from OAK to HNL. Departs on Thursday to Long Beach then to HNL Usually arrives Thursday night?
One-two days for delivery here

Sounds about right, lol

Akikiki, that reality check by dsmith2189 sent a shiver down my spine and I had to turn down the air conditioning a bit as a result. This is going to be a lllllloooonnnngggggg month indeed.

I'm thinking once the new wave of Teslas arrives we ought to plan some kind of an event like a drive to a dining spot in Haleiwa or some such location. It'd be cool to see a half-dozen or more S models on the road at one time.

RodF, my app still shows car is not associated with my number yet, so you are definitely ahead of me in the lineup.

I spoke with DS Mac today and mentioned the idea of tracking the car by GPS. He didn't dismiss the idea outright, which is good and indicated that he can watch the car while it is at port but not during the sail across (no surprise there). I didn't specifically ask about leaving remote access on during the shipment but will do so in a future conversation.

Just got access to my mobile app. Says mobile app remote access is off, but at least it's no longer saying your vehicle may not be ready. Papafox, nanimac & hawaiiskibum, you should check your apps. Getting closer!

Checked...check every day actually...nothing yet.

- - - Updated - - -

dsmith, Wow, you are so cold. So brutal to nanimac, papafox and hawaiiskibum, just puttin' it out there huh? Wow, laying it out there like that, why it makes it seem like a month or something after completion. Wow, I could not have done that to fellow owners. nanimac, papafox, hawaiiskibum can I have a ride in your new car, please?

Lol....am just happy that my car is finally being built! Of course, you can have a ride :)

- - - Updated - - -

Akikiki, that reality check by dsmith2189 sent a shiver down my spine and I had to turn down the air conditioning a bit as a result. This is going to be a lllllloooonnnngggggg month indeed.

I'm thinking once the new wave of Teslas arrives we ought to plan some kind of an event like a drive to a dining spot in Haleiwa or some such location. It'd be cool to see a half-dozen or more S models on the road at one time.

RodF, my app still shows car is not associated with my number yet, so you are definitely ahead of me in the lineup.

I spoke with DS Mac today and mentioned the idea of tracking the car by GPS. He didn't dismiss the idea outright, which is good and indicated that he can watch the car while it is at port but not during the sail across (no surprise there). I didn't specifically ask about leaving remote access on during the shipment but will do so in a future conversation.

definitely need a tesla meet up this summer!

Data point: When my car was shipped I was told it was trucked to Long Beach as opposed to being trucked to Oakland then boated to Long Beach. So it's possible they have a new protocol for sending cars to Hawaii. People awaiting their cars might want to check into it. From the time I paid by electronic debit till the time my car was ready for pick up was 26 days.

But I gave you a way to track the ship your car is on...:crying:

definitely need a Tesla meet up this summer. Maybe more than one. We need to keep an eye open for an event that we can all show up to and steal the show, huh?

Have you folks given any thought to how you are going to mount/have mounted your front tag? Tesla's mount fits over the nosecone when they drill holes in the nosecone. (Not as attractive as other ways). I mounted mine first on the lower grill using long flat head bolts that I cut shorter. Now, I have moved it. (Lower). I like it. Pictures coming in next couple of days. But right now, think about it. It will consume some of the time.

Okay, watch carefully... Now you see it...
Now_U_C_It_01.JPG

Now You don't... This is the Show-n-Go Hidden Plate
Now_U_Don't_01.JPG

Last edited:
The Tesla grin is back and bigger than ever!!! Got my car back from service yesterday and couldn't be happier about it after driving the Mazda 3 for a week.
It's kinda like when you starve yourself the next meal is 10x more delicious :biggrin:

To top it off, they fixed the squeak from the pano roof completely, and also received their back-ordered carbon fiber spoilers so put that on as well.

I'm one extremely happy camper now.

StephenM, congrats on the return of your Model S with all the trimmings! I too am curious about what caused the second failure.

Akikiki, Can you give us some shots of the front license plate from a few other angles? I like the idea of deemphasizing the plate. The acid test will be whether you get pulled over with the new plate location.

I'm up for that, or down with it, or whatever the kids say nowadays.

I took DSmiths advice and called Mac. I hope it is true, but he said my car was completed on Saturday, and was ready for delivery, and that there was a chance it could get on this weeks boat. Keeping fingers crossed, this wait is very tough.

Papafox, How's this sir?

Can you post a pic showing the whole car from the front when you get a chance? Figuring out where to put the front plate is my next decision once I get my car paid for so it can finally begin the long journey home next week, hopefully :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm up for that, or down with it, or whatever the kids say nowadays.

I took DSmiths advice and called Mac. I hope it is true, but he said my car was completed on Saturday, and was ready for delivery, and that there was a chance it could get on this weeks boat. Keeping fingers crossed, this wait is very tough.

congrats RodF..no wonder your app worked :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'm game for a meet up. It would be great FUN! Don't think I'm going to get my car until mid June so hopefully sometime after that... PLEASE!!!
Akikiki, I really like your front plate! I was thinking I was just going to go without one and take a chance, but your option looks good!

DSmith, thank you for the timetable. As you shared your adventures of getting your MS, I was feeling your pain. It really was more than you should have had to go thru, and I think your timeframe is not unrealistic, but we're all hoping for a better outcome based on the learning curve.

StephenM, yea!! glad you got your baby back! Please let us know the exact problem and resolution. bad batch of 12V batteries? something else?

RodF, congrats! You'll be the next Tesla grin in HNL! I keep checking my APP but nothing yet. Maybe I'll just wait until nanimac gets hers activated because I know her delivery will be before mine.

It's going to be a great summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.