TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii Tesla Showroom

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Sep 25, 2013.

1. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I wanted to start this thread to see if we can see if we can convince the management to open a showroom here in Hawaii. Then people here can test drive a MS or MX.

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Good idea. Maybe I am going to do the same for a Tesla Store in Rome. :cool:

3. spleen

spleen Active Member

In the original Hawaii Tesla thread, there was some talk at one point about opening a store in Royal Hawaiian or Ala Moana but nothing definite came out of it.

4. ddruz

ddruz Member

I exchanged emails with George Blankenship about this about a year ago. At that time he said a showroom in Hawaii was in their long term plans but near term goal was the SC. If nothing has changed I expect they will follow this game plan.

5. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

I had that same email over two years ago. they need at least a kiosk in one of the malls.

6. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I would guess that TM doesn't do "kiosks" My uneducated, completely wild guess (but somewhat logical) is maybe it's in the plans for a space in the expansion of Ala Moana in the former Sears space.

7. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

There's two ways the senior management could look at this. On the one hand, Hawaii already has the highest per capita purchasers of the Model S in the U.S. so do we really need a showroom when we're already doing so well?
    On the other hand, there's still a lot of market share they could take away from BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc... maybe they really should open one. After all, we're living on an island and PV is already soaring in popularity, why not get the electric car too?
    The rent might be putting it off a bit, but I hope that we see a showroom at Ala Moana eventually. Waikiki only makes sense for an international exposure, but it's much tougher to get locals into Waikiki and I would think Ala Moana makes much more sense since you are actually trying to get locals to buy.
    As the Gen III (or Model E) nears, I would expect more serious attention to opening showrooms.

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

I think actually Waikiki makes more sense because they'd probably want to appeal to an international market with our foreign tourists. Imagine the exposure to Japanese, Korean, and Chinese nationals - and all fairly well to do to be able to come to Hawaii.