TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hawaii Tesla Showroom

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Oct 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

No invite for me, yet....:(:confused: Maybe I'll crash the party anyway. :D:p

2. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Today's Star-Advertiser is wrapped with an advertisement for the International Market Place opening today, but for Tesla there's an asterisk next to it, which denotes "coming soon." I'm thinking there's too many Tesla owners to be invited to all Sunday socials now, and those who aren't invited to the Ala Moana event will probably be invited to the International Market Place event.

3. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Tesla space in IMP

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I visited the Intl. Market Place. Their space is two stories. It's looks huge. Going to be awesome!

• Like x 1
  5. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

It is the first 2-story Tesla showroom on planet Earth--right here in Waikiki! They will have vehicles on both floors--apparently there's some special tricks required to do this as the facility wasn't designed to put cars inside second floor shops. o_O

6. noservice2001

noservice2001 First 75D in the 808, waited 3 years

Congrats Tesla on an actual store!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  7. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Yes, it was a nice event to get the Tesla owners together for the blessing and for the store opening.

Alamoana1.jpg
    Alamoana2.jpg
    Alamoana3.jpg
    Alamoana4.jpg

• Like x 1
  8. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I forgot to ask at the event if the HPWC's out back for customer use? Hopefully someone else did...

9. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Nope. Only for store cars unless you're running on "fumes". They expect to do tons of test drives there.

Also found out that both the Intl marketplace and new SC in Kakaako will open in a couple months. The new SC will be 3 times the size of the existing SC!

10. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

That's unfortunate and a little disappointing. I realize it's not a guaranteed benefit, but I believe most of the SCs and stores on the mainland with chargers have them available specifically for customer use. Plus Ala Moana's chargers are pitiful. Oh well..... :(

• Like x 1
  11. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Yeah, I pulled in on fumes the other day to the SC before they opened and had to wait for them to open as they plugged the HPWC in to one of the cars outside (and of course the car locks onto it) and so I waited for 45 minutes....my only gripe to date of the SC...

12. goflagators

goflagators Member

I agree. If there's no Supercharger on island it would at least be nice to have a little better access to HPWC. There's only one at the SC. Maybe even a couple Tesla destination chargers around the island.

13. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Pics of the opening event on Sunday also posted on the club website: Gallery

14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Hopefully the new SC will have more HPWCs.

15. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Perhaps they'll change their policy later once things get settled in. I still cannot see why they would need all five HPWCs for test drive recharging. That's a lot of ludicrous mode launches!

16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

True...and if enough owners ask...maybe they'll open one up at least during the day so they can charge all their vehicles at night.

17. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I agree with nanimac, we have to ask for support. Everyone, take a minute and send an email to the Supercharger Team ([email protected]) and let them know we need both superchargers and HPWC locations. Since the new Service Center is not open yet, now is an excellent time to be voicing what we need. Everyone - send an email and ask the Supercharger Team to insure existing customers will have charging access after hours at the new Service Center? It will only take a minute, and surely can't do any harm.

18. spleen

spleen Active Member

19. drtko147

drtko147 Member

image.jpeg Sorry so late but here is more photos of the showroom.

20. noservice2001

noservice2001 First 75D in the 808, waited 3 years

The store mgr said we will most likely have a supercharger within 2 years, we're on page 2 of lists of things to do apparently, said something along the lines of the same reason places like Hong Kong have them, not for long distance travel