Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's Star-Advertiser is wrapped with an advertisement for the International Market Place opening today, but for Tesla there's an asterisk next to it, which denotes "coming soon." I'm thinking there's too many Tesla owners to be invited to all Sunday socials now, and those who aren't invited to the Ala Moana event will probably be invited to the International Market Place event.

Tesla space in IMP

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: spleen and nanimac
It is the first 2-story Tesla showroom on planet Earth--right here in Waikiki! They will have vehicles on both floors--apparently there's some special tricks required to do this as the facility wasn't designed to put cars inside second floor shops. o_O

I forgot to ask at the event if the HPWC's out back for customer use? Hopefully someone else did...

Nope. Only for store cars unless you're running on "fumes". They expect to do tons of test drives there.

Also found out that both the Intl marketplace and new SC in Kakaako will open in a couple months. The new SC will be 3 times the size of the existing SC!

Nope. Only for store cars unless you're running on "fumes". They expect to do tons of test drives there.

Also found out that both the Intl marketplace and new SC in Kakaako will open in a couple months. The new SC will be 3 times the size of the existing SC!

That's unfortunate and a little disappointing. I realize it's not a guaranteed benefit, but I believe most of the SCs and stores on the mainland with chargers have them available specifically for customer use. Plus Ala Moana's chargers are pitiful. Oh well..... :(

Reactions: spleen
Yeah, I pulled in on fumes the other day to the SC before they opened and had to wait for them to open as they plugged the HPWC in to one of the cars outside (and of course the car locks onto it) and so I waited for 45 minutes....my only gripe to date of the SC...

I agree with nanimac, we have to ask for support. Everyone, take a minute and send an email to the Supercharger Team ([email protected]) and let them know we need both superchargers and HPWC locations. Since the new Service Center is not open yet, now is an excellent time to be voicing what we need. Everyone - send an email and ask the Supercharger Team to insure existing customers will have charging access after hours at the new Service Center? It will only take a minute, and surely can't do any harm.

The store mgr said we will most likely have a supercharger within 2 years, we're on page 2 of lists of things to do apparently, said something along the lines of the same reason places like Hong Kong have them, not for long distance travel