TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii - Tesla Used car sales/CPOs

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by nanimac, Oct 1, 2015.

1. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Starting a thread for CPOs and for anyone looking to buy or sell their Tesla. I think we will be seeing a jump in CPOs/owners wanting to sell privately as people upgrade to the X or a newer MS.

There were 2 CPOs at the SC. Looks like the red P85+ finally sold.

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

2014 Brown P85+ (Non-AP) on the Hawaii CPO site today.

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

#3 nanimac, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    My neighbor just bought a 2013 P85 with 16k miles for just under $70k from auto exchange (was listing at $79K)..I told him you'll never want any other car now...he's said he's already planning on getting an X..lol

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

CPOs on the Hawaii site now...2013 60 starting at $49.8K.

5. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Yeah, that's a strangely low-ball price for a CPO (showing 48.9). Telsa Hawaii is offering another 60 with 6K more miles but a year newer for more than 10K higher price. Wondering what the story is with the low-ball 60.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Not many options or maybe it was a 40?

7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Glad to hear that $49 is low for a 2013 60. I'm hoping to get a bit more than that when I sell mine in a month or so....

8. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

yep, looks like it was not optioned too much, strange to have supercharger access...

1. Blue Metallic Paint
    2. All Glass Panoramic Roof
    3. 19" Wheels
    4. Tan Leather Interior
    5. Obeche Wood Matte Décor
    6. Supercharging
    So, we should sell higher....

9. stoebs

stoebs Member

I'd suspect that it probably started out as a 40 kWh car and they unlocked the battery and the supercharging capability. Because it was a 40, they probably offered the owners mid-high $30k for them on trade-in. It doesn't cost them any labor or materials to unlock them; so it's a no brainer that they would do so to increase the value of the resale (more bang for your buck), and have an instant improvement to their profit margin on re-selling these cars. There are half a dozen on the CPO site now with similar features for under $50k. I'd wager that they all have a similar pedigree.

As a shareholder, I think it's great.

As a prospective buyer, I'd rather be able to pick up a 40 kWh car for several thousand less.

10. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

My 40 is going up on Craig's List by tomorrow for $45,000 firm. It has 43,000 miles but is in great shape. I'm selling well below KBB to move it quickly. I haven't seen a non-accident Model S sell for less. The good news is that it should be gone fairly quickly and shouldn't affect 60 pricing next month.

• Like x 1
  11. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Papafox. Does your 40 have the Extended Service or Extended Warranty?

12. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

One more service (Year 4 or 50,000 miles) is prepaid with the car. Extended warranty is extra. I really like that show-n-go front plate holder you talked me into.

40a.jpg

13. RodF

RodF Member

Second that re: the show n go. Akikiki stopped me from letting them mount the plate on delivery day and I'm glad he did.

14. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

As of Saturday morning, May 21, the lowest cost CPO car in Hawaii is a 60 at $59,535.

15. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

So that $49k 60 went fast! That's good for selling your car! :)

BTW.. Saw my old 40 today parked near Longs In mililani..I got all nostalgic...so good to see her again :)

16. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Yeah, our 40s are like first loves. The 70Ds hit the spot right now but ah the thrill of driving that first Tesla. I spent the past couple of days detailing the 40 at my house, and the better it starts to look, the more attached I feel. Fortunately, with the great memories from last year's mainland trip, the 70D retains its lead.

17. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I didn't see your 40 on craigslist today. I thought you said it was going up today?

18. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

#18 Papafox, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    I put it up about mid-day. Check again, please. I've already received one scam call ; ) It's the first Model S showing when you search. To make it different than the other blue Tesla, I'll change the photo to an ocean scene.