Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Tesla Used car sales/CPOs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting a thread for CPOs and for anyone looking to buy or sell their Tesla. I think we will be seeing a jump in CPOs/owners wanting to sell privately as people upgrade to the X or a newer MS.

There were 2 CPOs at the SC. Looks like the red P85+ finally sold.

My neighbor just bought a 2013 P85 with 16k miles for just under $70k from auto exchange (was listing at $79K)..I told him you'll never want any other car now...he's said he's already planning on getting an X..lol

Last edited:
yep, looks like it was not optioned too much, strange to have supercharger access...

1. Blue Metallic Paint
  2. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  3. 19" Wheels
  4. Tan Leather Interior
  5. Obeche Wood Matte Décor
  6. Supercharging
So, we should sell higher....

I'd suspect that it probably started out as a 40 kWh car and they unlocked the battery and the supercharging capability. Because it was a 40, they probably offered the owners mid-high $30k for them on trade-in. It doesn't cost them any labor or materials to unlock them; so it's a no brainer that they would do so to increase the value of the resale (more bang for your buck), and have an instant improvement to their profit margin on re-selling these cars. There are half a dozen on the CPO site now with similar features for under $50k. I'd wager that they all have a similar pedigree.

As a shareholder, I think it's great.

As a prospective buyer, I'd rather be able to pick up a 40 kWh car for several thousand less.

My 40 is going up on Craig's List by tomorrow for $45,000 firm. It has 43,000 miles but is in great shape. I'm selling well below KBB to move it quickly. I haven't seen a non-accident Model S sell for less. The good news is that it should be gone fairly quickly and shouldn't affect 60 pricing next month.

Reactions: nanimac
Papafox. Does your 40 have the Extended Service or Extended Warranty?

One more service (Year 4 or 50,000 miles) is prepaid with the car. Extended warranty is extra. I really like that show-n-go front plate holder you talked me into.

40a.jpg

So that $49k 60 went fast! That's good for selling your car! :)

BTW.. Saw my old 40 today parked near Longs In mililani..I got all nostalgic...so good to see her again :)

Yeah, our 40s are like first loves. The 70Ds hit the spot right now but ah the thrill of driving that first Tesla. I spent the past couple of days detailing the 40 at my house, and the better it starts to look, the more attached I feel. Fortunately, with the great memories from last year's mainland trip, the 70D retains its lead.