Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StephenM

Dec 23, 2012
So I just had all of my tires replaced, and I've developed a slow leak in one of the tires...
Has anybody else had issues with their tires (besides wear)? I don't know what the culprit is, but this will be the 6th tire patch that I've done on my Model S since I got it less than a year ago. I've never had this much bad luck with all of my other cars combined.

Has anybody used anyplace besides the Tesla service center to replace tires? I'm thinking that it would be cheaper if going through TireRack and using another tire shop (then you could get the Hankooks).

So I just had all of my tires replaced, and I've developed a slow leak in one of the tires...
Has anybody else had issues with their tires (besides wear)? I don't know what the culprit is, but this will be the 6th tire patch that I've done on my Model S since I got it less than a year ago. I've never had this much bad luck with all of my other cars combined.

Has anybody used anyplace besides the Tesla service center to replace tires? I'm thinking that it would be cheaper if going through TireRack and using another tire shop (then you could get the Hankooks).
The only tire issue I had with my tires was a nail that I picked up on H1 at the middle street merge during rush hour traffic. I went onto the left shoulder to let an ambulance get by.
It was repaired by Tesla under their Tire and Wheel replacement program.

TIRE AND WHEEL REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
This program includes tire repair and replacement, wheel repair and replacement, tire mounting, tire balancing, and roadside assistance for four years.
Fine print not included

I rotated my tires at 5K and still have a few more miles before I need to replace.

Somebody (don't recall who it was) went to Revolution Motorsports on Ward to get their wheels/tires and were pleased, I recall.

I went there once with a previous car because no one else had the tires I wanted. the tires were twice what TireRack had for the same tire. If I could have waited I would have. (some punk slashed my tires)

Hahaha! That's awesome. Too bad my tires blew out before I could do this.

- - - Updated - - -

So I found out that it wasn't a puncture. My wheel actually had a very small crack running along the inside. Luckily, I had picked up the optional roadside hazard coverage when I purchased the car. The service center personnel said they don't think they are offering that additional coverage anymore. Lucky me.
It was just going to take about an hour to remove the tire and put it on a new wheel, but they have loaners again and I asked to also add the rear seat cup holders just to make my trip there worthwhile. There was a red S85 and a gray P85+ loaner and I got offered the gray one :smile:
It has power folding mirrors and park distance sensors so I'm glad I got to try it out.
Great service from Luke and team at Tesla. Extremely happy that they have a Model S loaner.