Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Toys for Tots Benefit Car Show 11/24/13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WeazL

Moderator - Hawaii
Aug 18, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Hi Folks, I've been in contact with the organizer of the annual Oahu Car Clubs' Toys for Tots Car Show (Honolulu), and they would love to have the Tesla Hawaii club represented this Sunday. The more Tesla's, the merrier they said--so here ye here ye, come one, come all Model S & Roadster owners! They expect to have 500-600 vehicles on display. I'm going to post the event details, which will include when and where to enter prior to the show start time in the Hawaii Groups section. They said to bring a pop-up tent if there's a handful or more that can attend as it will likely be hot. The show is from 8AM-12PM THIS SUNDAY 11/24/13. Please check for additional info regarding setup in the Hawaii Groups section--I will post it a little later today.

For spectators, here's the show info:

What: 2013 Oahu Car Clubs Toys for Tots, toy drive & car show.
When: Novemer 24, 2013 from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Where: 160 Ahui Street, Honolulu, HI. The location is the large parking lot located on the Diamond Head side of the Childen's Discovery Center in Kakaako.
Why: To support Toys for Tots! Bring a toy and stay for the car show. Please help Hawaii's children to have a nice Christmas holiday.

Cheers! WeazL

Last edited:
Great turnout. Thanks, WeazL, for organizing this. Here is as video of [video=facebook;10202645414485496]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202645414485496&set=vb.1501840657&type=2&theater[/video] being interviewed.

Fun time as usual talking Tesla..but this time to lots of non-Tesla owners..pretty sure there's at least one new sale from today :)

will post pics soon.drtko, video link doesn't show it.

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the show today. We got to share a lot of Tesla info and yes, I agree--I think we actually sold a car today! It was very hot, but a beautiful day for such an event. Last count I heard was more than 450 toys were collected for Toys for Tots!

Keep an eye on Island Driver on OC16 in about 2 weeks (maybe 3). They interviewed dsmith2189 and had a lot of fun...but as he mentioned, watch out for those show hosts...they might fall in love with your car :love: ...you'll have to watch the show to get it.

Overall though, we represented the Tesla's well...and there was a lot of interest! It would have been nice though to have a roadster or two there. Nigel, drive over next time...use the new H4 interstate tunnel once you hit the west coast. :tongue: I'll post some pics tomorrow.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

We stayed to the very end when most left so the lot was quite clear in the last 2 pics. There were 400+ cars at the show.