Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaiian Electric Co. (HECO) Electric Vehicle Focus group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsmith2189

Aug 18, 2012
Got a letter last week from HECO that they are having a market research company (Ward Research) do a focus group for EV owners.
Has anyone else received this letter?:confused:
They called me last night to schedule an appointment. If you have anything you want recognized at the meeting let me know.

Got a letter last week from HECO that they are having a market research company (Ward Research) do a focus group for EV owners.
Has anyone else received this letter?:confused:
They called me last night to schedule an appointment. If you have anything you want recognized at the meeting let me know.

Yes, got the letter. Accepted meeting for 13 Feb. When are you scheduled?

Got the letter too, and I'm on the waiting list. I think the focus groups are scheduled on Feb 13 & 19th or something like that. Because the sponsor of the group is Hawaiian Electric, it's only going out to HECO customers that have signed up for the TOU-EV electric rates program.

gmtom1, I am scheduled for the 13th. They had me on the 12th and they then changed me. I think the dates are 12 and 13 Feb.

Is there anyone else interested in participating? I can call and pass some names to them. Let me know via a reply or PM. I'll need a phone number to pass to Ward Research.

Well, I did get a call back because there was a cancellation on Feb 13. However, they left a message on my phone. When I tried to call back the number, all I got was an answering machine message that told me that it was Ward Research and they were not trying to sell anything to me. I was not connected to anyone and I couldn't leave a message. I tried several times. I finally looked up Ward Research online and found a different number. However, I left two messages and didn't get a call back. I finally got a hold of someone today and was told that all the slots were full. The person on the phone told me that they were trying to reach for 3-4 days but I only got the one call. Not what I call a good follow up on their part. They apologized and told me that they would call me if there was a cancellation, but I'm not holding my breath.

So those who are going, represent us MS owners well.

Well, I did get a call back because there was a cancellation on Feb 13. However, they left a message on my phone. When I tried to call back the number, all I got was an answering machine message that told me that it was Ward Research and they were not trying to sell anything to me. I was not connected to anyone and I couldn't leave a message. I tried several times. I finally looked up Ward Research online and found a different number. However, I left two messages and didn't get a call back. I finally got a hold of someone today and was told that all the slots were full. The person on the phone told me that they were trying to reach for 3-4 days but I only got the one call. Not what I call a good follow up on their part. They apologized and told me that they would call me if there was a cancellation, but I'm not holding my breath.

So those who are going, represent us MS owners well.
When they called me they said they would send a snail mail and email confirmation to me for my appointment. It's been a week and I haven't got anything. I remember it was on Thursday at 5 PM, but had a senior moment with the actual date. was it this Thursday the 6th or next Thursday on the 13th?:confused:

Let's mention the need for HECO to support more EV charging stations and improving the grid to consider more HPCs around the state. This would include consideration for SuperCharger stations. Also, I would mention the bill currently in the Legislature about putting more teeth behind the law about parking lots and EV stalls/charging stations.

When they called me they said they would send a snail mail and email confirmation to me for my appointment. It's been a week and I haven't got anything. I remember it was on Thursday at 5 PM, but had a senior moment with the actual date. was it this Thursday the 6th or next Thursday on the 13th?:confused:

The two focus group schedules were Feb 12 and 13.

Finally got my confirmation letter. Thursday, Feb 13th 5:00 PM to 6:45 PM.

I wish I had something to report. I attended the administrative check-in. As with airlines sometimes, Ward Research overbooks participants in case someone does not show up. I and one other person was bumped, paid and dismissed. I wound up standing around for an hour+ talking to dsmith about Tesla stuff.

I wish I had something to report. I attended the administrative check-in. As with airlines sometimes, Ward Research overbooks participants in case someone does not show up. I and one other person was bumped, paid and dismissed. I wound up standing around for an hour+ talking to dsmith about Tesla stuff.
$75 for a 10 minute wait. pretty good job if you can get it.:cool:
At least you got paid. I had called back several times after they called me for cancellations but the number they gave me didn't let me leave a message. I finally went through the operator and got someone but by then, all the slots were filled.
My group had 3 open seats.:rolleyes:
Am curious as to what was discussed in the focus groups...anyone want to share?
some of the questions were:
What EV do you have? Why did you purchase/lease an EV? Why that one?
How/when do you charge? what are your charging habits?
How many miles do you drive daily/between charges?
Do you use Time of use? Why/Why not? How much does it cost to charge your EV?
read this (HECO time of use) info card and comment on it. Useful? Accurate?
do you maintain contact with your EV salesman?
do you own any other cars? (Hey, what about Motorcycles:eek:)
Do you have solar?

--------- My Conclusion afterward? --------
Tesla is the best car ever.:love:

$75 for a 10 minute wait. pretty good job if you can get it.:cool:

My group had 3 open seats.:rolleyes:

some of the questions were:
What EV do you have? Why did you purchase/lease an EV? Why that one?
How/when do you charge? what are your charging habits?
How many miles do you drive daily/between charges?
Do you use Time of use? Why/Why not? How much does it cost to charge your EV?
read this (HECO time of use) info card and comment on it. Useful? Accurate?
do you maintain contact with your EV salesman?
do you own any other cars? (Hey, what about Motorcycles:eek:)
Do you have solar?

--------- My Conclusion afterward? --------
Tesla is the best car ever.:love:

I second the best car vote!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: