Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hazard warning lights after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just got up this morning to find the 4 way flashers have been going all night on my car after an update to 2020.48.37.

Couldn't get them to turn off, rebooted car, wouldn't turn off, drive, wouldn't turn off, turn car off again and press the hazard warning button while the thing was rebooting and it finally turned them off.

I suspect this is to do with the MCU upgrade to give you full safety features when the MCU fails but has anyone else had this and knows the correct way to resolve it for next time so that wife doesn't have to be late for work?

Thanks

P.S 2017 Model S MCU1 AP2

Hi all,

I just got up this morning to find the 4 way flashers have been going all night on my car after an update to 2020.48.37.

Couldn't get them to turn off, rebooted car, wouldn't turn off, drive, wouldn't turn off, turn car off again and press the hazard warning button while the thing was rebooting and it finally turned them off.

I suspect this is to do with the MCU upgrade to give you full safety features when the MCU fails but has anyone else had this and knows the correct way to resolve it for next time so that wife doesn't have to be late for work?

Thanks

P.S 2017 Model S MCU1 AP2
Mine did the same as the software was being installed at about the 80% level. After it loaded I just cycled the hazard lights button a few times and they stopped flashing. No issues since