Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haziness/fogging behind glass in front of front facing cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After updating to MCU2/HW3 I noticed, now that I have a dashcam and working sentry mode, that the front facing camera is very hazy looking. Looking from the outside it appears there is a hazy film on the glass that is not cleared off from the outside. I did some Googling on this and all of the theads I saw seemed to dead-end or have no real solution. Is it possible to pull the camera housing off and get to the glass in front of them? (2017 Model S) If it's not too hard to get in there I'd be up for that. Worried this is impacting the ability to use Autopilot/TACC in sunny conditions where the glare is hitting the haze and ballooning the image out due to the scatter....and of course general performance decrease. I haven't pulled images yet but can follow-up with that for comparison...

Mirlen,

did you ever get this resolved? I’m in the same situation with my 17 model X.

Attachments

• 2C7BC0A7-FE90-43C4-9180-37ACF92D0F75.jpeg
    2C7BC0A7-FE90-43C4-9180-37ACF92D0F75.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 266
This has been mentioned before in other threads: a slight "mistyness" in the fron screen of some c2020 Ss and Xs.
Mine's a 2020 S and exhibits the same thing: the rest of the glass is completely transparent but - especially into sun it's like driving through very a slight mist.
I actually took mine into an SC recently and asked what they thought - they say no problem but of course when you're driving it's a bit like being in a container! Massive cleaning does nothing, natch.